CNC Machinist (Day Shift)
Company: Bel Fuse
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Primary Objective of Position
Set-up and operation of various types of Swiss Machines to cost
effectively produce high-quality products on a timely basis that
meet customer requirements.
Technical Job Functions
- Perform complex setups from programs on machines to ensure that
completed parts conform to print and process specifications.
- Determine program edits required to adjust speeds and feeds in
order to machine parts properly and efficiently.
- Accurately inspect finished parts using microscopes, tool
maker's scope, micrometers, OGP, gage pins, thread gages,
indicators, calipers or other equipment.
- Make adjustments to machine off-sets to achieve required
- Maintain adherence to production schedules and ensure quality
inspections are completed in accordance with established
procedures, resulting in a limited amount of Non-conforming
Material Reports (NMR).
- Assigned work area, tools and gauges will be clean, and kept
neat, safe and orderly at all times.
- Performs routine maintenance.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a
manner that interfaces well with customers, co-workers, and
- Continually monitor manufacturing methods, processes and
procedures to ensure departmental goals are met while maintaining
or improving cost competitiveness, which includes identifying,
recommending, and implementing necessary improvements.
- Follow and continually monitor established safety procedures to
assure a clean and safe work environment is promoted and
- Uses basic statistical concepts on a regular basis.
- Assumes other projects and responsibilities as directed.
Authorities and Responsibilities
- Position reports to Production Supervisor and must be able to
effectively communicate with internal and external customers and
co-workers at all levels.
- Communicates with Manufacturing Engineering personnel
concerning technical issues.
- Function in a team environment and work to accomplish team and
company goals with ability to compromise and negotiate.
- Must be an open communicator about work-related issues.
- This position is accountable for producing quality parts on a
daily basis under limited direct supervision.
- Must independently complete set-ups and machine adjustments,
and develop processes.
- Regular and predictable attendance is presumed to be an
essential function of all employment.
- Assume other projects and responsibilities from time to time as
directed by production supervisor.
- Diploma in Computer Integrated Machining, or currently enrolled
in a program.
- 1-3 years experience in a similar manufacturing environment, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Bel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship
will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1,
H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work
authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bel is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin,
marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran
status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any
discrimination or harassment.
Essential Physical Effort/Demands to Perform Job and Working
- Strength: Lifts and/or carries, slides, relocates objects up to
25 lbs. regularly and lifts and/or carries, slides, relocates
objects up to 50 lbs. rarely. Uses hand and arm strength to tighten
nuts and to complete tooling set-up regularly.
- Climbing or balancing: Maintains balance while moving about to
all areas of factory facilities, potentially traversing slippery or
uneven floors, moving onto and off rubber floor mats in all areas.
Maintains balance while sitting, standing, bending, twisting, and
turning, stretching and stooping regularly.
- Walking, stooping, kneeling, etc.: Moves about to all areas of
facility as required. Bends, stretches, turns, stoops, stands,
twists and crouches while performing job. May kneel to pick up and
relocate containers. May sit for prolonged periods of time
- Reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling: Places and
removes objects on desks or in drawers or cabinets. Picks up and
puts down containers. Presses levers, uses mouse keyboard to enter
data. Uses office equipment/machines as needed per job. Reaches,
outstretches arms, and pulls out drawers or objects at arm's
length, overhead or at floor-level towards body or into and out of
drawers, cabinets and/or file boxes. Grasps clasps, pinches and/or
squeezes objects. Positions, rotates and repositions hands, wrists
and fingers on mouse and/or keyboard for prolonged periods. Uses
wrists hands and fingers to rotate, manipulate, and/or operate
phones, keyboard and mouse and office equipment per job
- Talking/ Hearing: Effectively listens to, converses and
communicates with, and expresses oneself to internal and external
customers and others as required per job, in person and on the
- Seeing: Prolonged close-up and/or distance viewing of computer
monitors and documents. Views and understands documents and
spreadsheets. Views and understands SOPs and engineering drawings.
Identifies, determines, recognizes, computes, estimates, observes,
and assesses information and documents online or in hard-copy form
- Other Demands: Plans, performs, makes decisions, detects
problems and measures outcomes for multiple tasks and projects
under urgent and/or conflicting deadlines regularly.
- Working Conditions: Exposure to RF devices, chemicals or
solvents or high noise levels regularly. Uses computer monitor,
keyboard and/or mouse, telephone/headset, and other office
equipment for prolonged periods intermittently. Wears PPEs per job
description and/or tasks regularly.
Keywords: Bel Fuse, Minneapolis , CNC Machinist (Day Shift), Other , Waseca, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!