Company: Proto Labs
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Planner is responsible for creating and maintaining a
production schedule in a multi-plant facility by working closely
with management to manage capacity in all work centers.
Specific Duties Include:
- Schedule orders in multiple plants to insure dates are correct
and capacity is available.
- Maintain lead times and communicate any issues jeopardizing
company's value proposition.
- Manage all aspects of the production schedule to ensure all
customer orders are expedited correctly to insure they are
completed on time.
- Check inventory levels and communicate with Purchasing any
issues or concerns.
- Work with Engineering to define and create work centers to help
- Work closely with Customer Service to manage all orders as they
relate to scheduling.
- Work with the development team to improve and streamline the
- Make on-going improvements and recommendations to improve
efficiencies and productivity of the plants.
- Assist the Supply Chain department on inventory control
- Effectively communicate with others within the company.
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the
- Maintain clean and organized work area with emphasis on safety,
quality, efficiency, and utilization.
- Continually seek to improve work processes and individual
- Adhere to all company policies and operational procedures.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 8 years of related scheduling experience or 3-5 years of
planning experience utilizing an ERP system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with MS Office products
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, procedures,
within Supply Chain
- Detail oriented to be able to do full RFQ's with multiple
materials and suppliers
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Industrial
Technology, Engineering or equivalent experience in a
manufacturing, technical or business environment
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to sit; use a computer keyboard, monitor and
mouse, telephone and printer; reach with hands, and arms, talk, see
and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk,
stoop or kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
Indoors (A/C); nonsmoking; the majority of this job function is
performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions.
However, there may be job duties that require the employee to spend
time in the manufacturing areas exposed to machinery and noise; eye
protection occasionally required. Occasionally works in outside
weather conditions. Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or
caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
Protolabs maintains ITAR-compliant operations in all of our
United States based facilities. Due
to ITAR regulations, this role is only open to U.S. Citizens,
lawful permanent residents (green
card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee
status. Individuals with temporary
visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not
eligible for hire in this role.
Keywords: Proto Labs, Minneapolis , Production Planner, Other , Rosemount, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!