Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our
employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that's
continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent,
team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus,
Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Equity, and Optimism. Our
workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth
and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person's
career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great
Place to Work in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and
one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
Job Location: This position is remote and can be located
anywhere in North America.
The Dayforce Product Development team is looking for an
experienced Development Manager to lead in the creation of
industry-leading Payroll and Digital Wallet solutions. This is an
excellent opportunity for a strong technical leader to build a team
and direct the development of new product features extending an
industry- leading cloud application platform. The candidate should
have both strong technical and people management abilities and a
Reporting to the Director of R&D, the Development Manager
will lead a team of 8-10 staff directly, consisting of Developers,
QA Analysts and Test Engineers and work with other teams across the
globe. In this capacity the manager will take ownership of
establishing and maintaining relationships with technical
stakeholders, both internally and externally.
The Software Development Manager has a proven technical
background, able to design and architect solution with a team of
highly skilled software professionals, can manage people
effectively and ensure delivery of software features including an
They make sure the development team can work as efficiently as
possible and this means making sure they have clear goals, both
short term and long term, and that nothing prevents them from doing
their work. From the initial project scope to the final release,
each step is their responsibility. They also manage staff within
their team, ensuring that everyone is developing their full
potential, and that they are motivated, engaged, and enthusiastic
about their work and their career aspirations.
Software development Manager also communicates with external
partners on behalf of the development organization to appropriately
represent the development team and establish channels to obtain
required information and set proper expectations to ensure
successful delivery of system-to system integration components, and
complete integration testing including following software
certification processes by our partners.
- Enables a team of software engineers and QA specialists to
build a new quality and competitive product.
- Provides both insight and oversight on design of technical
architecture for the team.
- Hands on solutioning and development of complex technical
features or problems as needed.
- Manages the day-to-day development rigor of multiple projects
by documenting requirements, analyzing, scoping, planning,
engineering, implementing, testing, and communicating.
- Enforces adherence to the Agile process, assesses and
determines obstacles and risks in the current schedule and resolves
- Works with the Product Owner to plan and prioritize software
deliveries, assembling sprint, release, and overall product roadmap
- Manages all HR related tasks such as hiring, mentoring,
performance reviews, career development.
- Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead
team members to their optimal performance and recognize and promote
- Able to write and review code as needed and provide technical
direction to the group in all phases of development.
- Understands technical architectures, capacity plans, tool
requirements, automation plans, product launch plans, and other
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong technical vision and ability to build consensus around
- Strong sense of ownership of delivery with a start-up
mentality. Thrives on facing difficult problems and solving them
effectively with pragmatic solutions - directly implementing the
solution if needed.
- Experience in leading complex projects, including technical
direction, prioritization, and capacity planning.
- Excellent communication skills and effective at representing a
team of professionals.
- Proven ability to collect, analyze, cleanse, and manage unclear
and ever-changing requirements from multiple internal stakeholders
and effectively communicate priorities to the team.
- Demonstrated track record of hiring, developing, and retaining
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience as a
- Ability to learn new software languages, frameworks, and APIs
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment in
enterprise software development.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience leading the development of SaaS and cloud-based
- Hands-on experience delivering services to the Cloud in Azure
- Proven leadership in building Payment Solutions
- Security and Compliance expertise
- Strong SQL skills
- Solid object-oriented programming using C#.
- Mobile and Web development
- Domain experience in Payroll is a significant plus.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL
individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees
should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of
fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits
for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for
career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal
and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for
positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this
position; however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be
contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email
directly from our organization.
- Job Family Management
- Job Function Software Development
- Pay Type Salary