Assistant Banquet Manager
Company: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
Location: Prior Lake
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Be a part of a team that is busy, ever-changing, and winning
awards for its beautifully designed events. Mystic Lake Center
hosts hundreds of Weddings, Galas, Tradeshows, Social Events,
Corporate leadership trainings and meetings each year. The Banquet
department assists in overseeing our outdoor events including
concerts and Ribfest. Mystic Lake Center opened in 2018, it is
80,000+ square feet of versatile meeting space. As an Assistant
Manager one would manage Banquet Events in accordance with Banquet
Event Orders(BEOS) to ensure guest satisfaction and promote guest
Oversees Banquet services in accordance with Banquet Event
Orders (BEOs) to ensure guest satisfaction and promote guest
loyalty and retention. Applies high guest service standards and
ensures food quality.
Is responsible for asset management of the following items:
dishes, flatware, glasses, decorations, linens, and other banquet
equipment. Obtains Method of Payment for all social and other
- Manages and coordinates banquet activities to obtain effective
use of equipment, facilities, and personnel. Assigns tasks and
ensures follow through with team members. Conducts daily operations
in adherence to policy, procedures and safety standards, including
responsible alcohol service. Coordinates banquet activities in
accordance to BEO's and service standards to ensure guest
- Interacts and establishes relationships with guests to improve
retention, promote guest loyalty, and resolve guest
- Handles billing procedures during events as assigned.
- Prepares schedules to ensure staffing levels are optimal.
- Prepares and disseminates departmental communication on banquet
setup and procedures and other pertinent information.
- Coordinates and conducts staff training and development;
completes and conducts performance reviews.
- Occasional Tasks
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Any combination of post-high school restaurant education and/or
restaurant banquet experience to equal three years.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities or two years supervisory
- Beginning experience with word processing, spreadsheets,
electronic mail, and hotel software.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- On feet or standing 80% of shift.
Keywords: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community, Minneapolis , Assistant Banquet Manager, Other , Prior Lake, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!