Company: Fairview Health Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center- East Bank is
looking to hire a Cardio Vascular Electrophyisiology Tech (CV EP
Tech) to assist with procedures in CV and EP providing diagnostic
testing, collects and assesses data, performs scrub role and
Location: Minneapolis , MN
1.0 FTE , 10 hr shifts, 80 hours in two weeks.
Weekends and holiday rotation is required
Position has full benefits
On Call Hours: Yes, must be able to arrive within 30 minutes
Demonstrates ability to safely and accurately operate
- Operate monitor/recording equipment in all cardiac cath lab
- Able to electrically and mechanically balance and calibrate
pressure transducers and amplifiers in all rooms.
- Troubleshoots and corrects ECG tracing problems
- Operates tableside C-arm controls
- Insures all POC testing equipment is maintained according to
- Applies prescribed three major principals of radiation safety
at all times
Collects, assesses and maintains patient data
- Enters patient demographics into both monitoring and x-ray
- Records all patient and monitor data on event log according to
- Archives procedure to CD-Rom
- Enters all data into computer system for accurate billing and
patient procedure history
- Reduces all right and left heart data to basic form for
physician interpretation and reporting.
- Assesses and documents pulses distal to catheter insertion site
pre and post surgical
- Recognizes rhythms and sudden hemodynamic changes.
Assists invasive cardiologist with all invasive coronary
- Ability to scrub in all procedures in diagnostic and
Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab and EP
- Proficient in patient preparation and sterile tray set up.
- Assists the cardiologist with required catheter and wire
manipulation while maintaining the required sterile technique.
Core EP duties (upon orientation/training).
- Operates monitor/recorder and intracardiac simulator for EP
- Operates RF Ablation equipment
- With use of computer, draw and calculate LV grams to include
ejection fraction and stroke volume.
- Monitor for EP studies/ablations, integrating use of EP mapping
- Graduate of an education program (cardio vascular invasive
tech) accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied
Health Education Programs
- Must obtain either CVT, RTR , RCIS, or RCES (within 1
- Current CPR for healthcare providers prior to start date
- ACLS upon completion of orientation at site
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time wearing a
protective lead apron. Strong dexterity skills a plus.
- Must be able to respond to the hospital within 30 minutes of
receiving a page.
Keywords: Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis , CV/EP Technician, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!