Cook First - 113
Company: Fairview Health Services
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Fairview Health Services is looking for a Cook on the Riverside
Campus (West Bank) in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This position is
responsible for preparing food items as assigned using standardized
recipes to meet established standards of high quality. This is a
position where you will be able to acquire experience and knowledge
in a fast paced team environment where customer service and food
service skills are appreciated. Cook staff directly influences the
patient, guest, and staff experience by preparing and serving the
food that sustains everyone through their healing or their work.
There is great opportunity to engage directly with patients and/or
staff, and an opportunity to work together on a team of engaged
employees. There are day, evening and night shifts available where
there are casual positions with no guaranteed hours all the way up
to full time hours.
About This Position:
- The position reports to multiple supervisors and three
department managers. (May also report to other department
supervisors, as well as operations manager and general
- Approximately 100 employees in the Department
- Benefits included for positions with 48 hours per pay period or
- Prepares food products to meet temperature and quality
- Follows standardized recipes weighing and measuring ingredients
to assure products are consistent in quality and nutritional
- Assemble food within appropriate time frames.
- Handle and prepare food in safe manner following HACCP
standardized operating procedures
- Takes and documents temperatures of food items and makes
appropriate adjustments to achieve standards.
- Sanitizes equipment and work area per assigned schedules and
- Takes responsibility for self and others in work area.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting
approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences
of population served.
- One to three years cook experience
- High School diploma / G.E.D
Desired Skills (optional):
Some examples include:
- Excellent customer service and communication
- Proficient in the English language
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Basic math skills
- Ability to problem solve effectively
Keywords: Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis , Cook First - 113, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!