Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Company: Horizontal Talent
Posted on: May 6, 2021
- Will be part of the Enterprise Information Security's Strategic
Programs and Cloud Engineering team responsible for cloud
- This role will be engaged an numerous projects to enhance,
implement and automate cloud platform controls.
- In addition, as part of a highly agile and cross functional
team, this role will lead security engineering projects that
include but not limited to prototyping new technologies, tools and
patterns for promoting digital healthcare in public cloud.
- Understanding cloud threats and driving to technical solutions
enables the engineer to constant work on exciting challenges.
- As threats, regulatory requirements and business challenges
change, this role will contribute to the manifestation of control
framework and contribute to engineering cloud controls as code,
native cloud tool enablement and secure configurations.
- The Senior Cloud Security Engineer will be engaged with many
workload teams identifying new patterns and supporting the teams
embrace cloud for healthcare..
- Architects, plans, and implements cloud security solutions that
balance simplicity, standards, scalability, extensibility,
- Design, build and automate security controls and contribute to
Infrastructure as Code enterprise repository. Look for
opportunities to automate security specification and verification
in the delivery process.
- Drive security execution within a cross-functional team to
architect, engineer and implement security controls within AWS and
Azure public cloud platforms. Build security practices in public
cloud platforms and development pipelines using native and
- Understand current and new cloud threats and engineering risk
mitigation using cloud native tools
- Works in active partnership with technical stakeholders
(solution, infrastructure, and application architects) to deliver
security cloud governance.
- Develops security cloud domain expertise and technical
objectives that will enable successful and secure delivery of
project and program goals, thereby supporting the growth and
evolution of UnitedHealth Group.
- Drive updates to cloud control matrix through new requirements
driven through policy, regulatory and legal mandates and be able to
rationalize them with various technology and business leaders
- Executes follow-through by helping projects and programs build
capabilities that provide data required to support metrics.
- Propose and implement secure configuration of public cloud
- Support Product Owner and drive engineering solutions and
security as code strategy
- Evaluates new cloud technologies and makes substantiated
recommendations for improving security capabilities.
- Participates and leads design sessions for workloads teams
needing to understand cloud security patterns and protection
- Support the engineering of secure technology solutions that
adopt Secure DevOps, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) in a healthcare
- Mentor and support the development of junior members of the
- The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of software
engineering, preferably with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or
Google). Must have proven track record at delivering software
solutions as part of an agile team.
- 2 or more years with designing and engineering secure solutions
within various IaaS, PaaS, SaaS cloud platforms
- 2 or more years in application security, or as developer
building secure applications
- 2 or more years with Secure DevOps
- Competent with a number of technologies such as JSON, Python
- Designed and published security engineering patterns
- Strong understanding of cyber security defense strategies for
- 2 or more years experience with securing healthcare workloads
in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Has published many engineering patterns or other reusable
artifacts for cloud enablement
- Good understanding of cloud security frameworks and cloud
Security standards (NIST, CSA, ISO 27017/18 etc)
- Strong Oral and written communications skills to enable
effective and meaningful information exchange between technical and
non-technical people across multiple levels of organizational
- Bachelors Degree in software engineering, computer science, or
related subject or significant experience
- Of the required skills listed, these are considered the top
- Public cloud application architecture Design
- Platform Engineering for AWS, GCP, AWS in that preferenced
- Terraform engineering.
- First round is with the manager, the second is technical team,
30 mins for the first 90 mins for the second.
- Video vs. phone? Through Teams video. How technical will the
interviews be? First one will be technical and soft skills, the
second will be very technical ,
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Minneapolis , Senior Cloud Security Engineer, Other , Hamel, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!