Packager - 1st Shift
Company: E. A. Sween Company
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Details Description We are always looking for talented,
hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family. We are a
family-oriented company that understands the significance of our
employees and we are successful because of our incredibly committed
team. We have a great opportunity for a Packager on 1st shift. The
hours for this position are 6am - 4:30pm, Monday - Thursday with
occasional overtime on Fridays. Take a Virtual Tour and see what it
looks like out on the production floor at EA Sween Company and
learn more about our amazing company: E.A. Sween is an Equal
Opportunity Employer ? Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability SUMMARY
The Packager is responsible for completing all daily paperwork
correctly and turn into the Pack off Lead on a timely basis. Label
boxes/trays and pack sandwiches in bun trays and corrugated boxes
at designated line speeds. This position plays an active role in
the Company's Lean initiative. Essential Functions and Duties:
- Execute assigned food safety, quality and continuous
improvement activates to support SQF 2000 requirements, regulatory
requirements and customers requirements.
- Team player promotes a friendly and positive work
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, organized work area.
- Box Maker:
- Place label on the box in the correct position.
- Open box and fold flaps to prepare for boxers to place product
- Monitor the print on the sandwiches for correct price and day
code according to standard work for each sandwich.
- Verify face and ingredient labels are correct for the sandwich
- Place product in the box/bun tray in the correct designated
- Place the completed bun trays into metal racks or finished case
on pallets according to the standard work for each product.
- Monitor the printing on each case/tray to ensure date and codes
are correct and legible.
- Complete all paperwork and turn in after each period to Pack
- Pack Off Runner
- Work with Production and Pack-off Lead to supply the correct
amount of materials for all lines.
- Adequate racking and good quality pallets should be available
to production lines at all times in specified locations.
- Ensure that pallets, racks and dollies are stored and
transported with safety in mind to help facilitate a Zero Safety
- Must be able to read a production schedule to determine the
correct supplies and product specifications required on a daily
basis. (Such as case labels, cell labels, corrugate etc.)
- Occasionally perform hourly metal detector tests or line
changes when Pack-off Lead is not available.
- Help ensure labeled packing materials are properly addressed
before returning to stock (ie: give to pack off lead to remove
- Set up work stations for each line, including floor mats.
- Remove garbage, plastic and waste cardboard from all pack off
- Communicate any packaging shortages, problems or issues
immediately to the Pack off Lead.
- When main scanner is on break or falls behind this position may
assist in scanning products into the JDE Edwards system.
- Down time may be used to clean areas of the pack-off, work with
line employees to increase their speed and accuracy, or help other
pack-off support positions such as Pack-off Scanner/Product Mover,
Corrugate Supply and Shipping person.
- Help Pack-off Lead ensure that all rejects are reworked in RTE,
this includes monitoring volumes of rejects on each line,
communication with RTE and pack-off lead about rejects, cleaning
product that has fallen on the floor, and helping bring rejects
around to bread area to be reworked in RTE.
- Rotate all positions on a 30 minute basis
- Follow all GMP's, standard work and safety practices. Report
any incidents where such procedures are not being followed to
Pack-off Lead or Support Supervisor.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Follow all standard work.
- Wear all required safety gear. ie: Hard-Hat, gloves, ear
- Must be flexible as it relates to the basic work schedule.
- Follow all GMP's.
- Successfully complete the mandatory E.A. Sween quarterly safety
training sessions for the purpose of complying with both OSHA
regulations and E.A. Sween policy.
- Perform all activities in accordance with current Good
Manufacturing Practices and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor. REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to speak and understand basic English
- Must be able to work with all kinds of meats, including pork,
- Previous assembly or food experience preferred
- Ability to stand and work in temperatures of 30-40 degrees for
duration of shift COVID-19 considerations: To keep our employees
and guests safe, we have implemented temperature/visual screening
upon entry, have face masks available upon request and are
sanitizing work stations daily. Qualifications 0" style="display:
none;"> Skills 0"> 0"> 0" style="display: none;">
Behaviors 0"> 0"> : 0" style="display: none;"> Motivations
0"> 0"> : 0" style="display: none;"> Education 0">
0"> 0" style="display: none;"> Experience 0"> 0"> 0"
style="display: none;"> Licenses & Certifications 0"> 0">
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Minneapolis , Packager - 1st Shift, Other , Durand, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!