Posted on: January 15, 2021
Hours: 6pm-6am, rotating schedule Job Title: Production
Supervisor Department: Production Leadership Of: Production Lead
Operators, Production Operators Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
or Plant Manager FLSA Status: Exempt Revision: 2/16 Purpose and
Scope: This position is responsible for the efficient day to day
operation of the production rooms as well as the development and
management of the production team. This position is also
responsible for motivating the safety and continuous improvement
culture while achieving operating goals to meet growth
expectations. Safety Expectations:
- Responsible for department incident rate consistent with IFP
company goals. Must maintain department safety rules compliance and
be a positive safety role model.
- Responsible for training all department employees on safe work
- Responsible for ensuring an organized, clean and safe work
- Ensure procedures and work practices have appropriate safety
review and new equipment is reviewed for proper guarding, safe
operating procedures, and lockout tagout.
- Must have regular safety discussions with team and proactively
listen to employees' safety concerns/suggestions. Must act upon
those concerns and provide feedback.
- Responsible for implementing corrective actions after an
incident or near miss. Quality/Food Safety Expectations:
- Follow all Food safety practices and processes applicable to
- Perform/execute job duties keeping the company's commitment to
quality in mind.
- Monitor and maintain all food safety activities as part of
- Enforce food safety plan while producing product.
- Build a unified, successful team.
- Responsible for achieving established performance measures for
productivity, quality, and safety levels as set for the production
rooms and the whole department. Meet or exceed daily production
goals related to safety, quality, and quantity produced.
- Perform troubleshooting of production room issues as capable
and perform minor maintenance on the lines. Accurately assess when
to call in additional support from maintenance and management.
- Crosstrained to operate all production rooms including
paperwork and set-up. Provide backup to positions as needed to
ensure efficient operation.
- Drive, initiate, and support continuous improvement and
elimination of waste and variation in processes using established
- Responsible for the timely, efficient, thorough, and effective
cleaning and sanitation of their area of responsibility, including
but not limited to production or packaging equipment and the
surrounding areas or rooms, support areas, and other areas as may
- Provide daily work assignments and production priorities to the
- Build and maintain a high performance team environment and
coach others in effective team interaction and function. Foster an
- Lead, motivate and direct employees to achieve clear
- Must understand the company vision and set goals that will
drive the Team in that direction.
- Detect quality issues and source the root cause to resolve the
issue. Perform any necessary adjustments to batches.
- Coordinate and participate in PM (preventative maintenance)
tasks on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Promote GMP compliance and help correct GMP issues.
- Promote quality awareness and help correct quality issues.
- Understand the product specs and operating standards by
customer product and implement the necessary equipment for
- Learn, understand, train to, develop and follow documented
policies, procedures, and work procedures and drive others to do
so. This includes product codes, coding system, line changeovers,
and wet and dry line cleaning processes.
- Set up of daily productivity board and track production to
board targets. Maintain detailed and organized data records for the
- Ensure all necessary supplies, materials and WIP are stocked on
the line for daily production needs. Verify correct incoming
materials and ingredients are in the right area, ensure conformance
to established standards and complete the material usage form.
- Assist in managing production supplies. Deliver Kanban cards to
designated purchasing area for replenishment of supplies.
- Assist in development of work instructions, training and
auditing team members and assisting in special projects.
- Perform audits within the production areas for paperwork
accuracy and compliance with SOPs, GMPs, and Safety
- Assist Commercialization group with scale-ups and customer
- Lead others in maintaining good housekeeping and an orderly
work area. Support 5S initiatives.
- Assist in implementation of productivity improvements. This
person will also help plan ahead to improve utilization of
- Support and assist as needed in maintaining and improving
operations of the production rooms.
- Must continuously assess employees for selection, promotion and
- Provide frequent, specific performance feedback and coaching to
all Operations employees, including proactively addressing
- Assure that Production team members are appropriately trained,
coached and developed in support of individual career development
paths and IFP growth plans. Identify potential successors within
the team and develop them towards this goal.
- Conduct timely and thorough employee reviews giving accurate
and constructive feedback to reports.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations for on-time delivery and
quality of product delivered. Communicate Customer Satisfaction to
the team using quantitative measures.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with direct reports
individually and in regularly scheduled team meetings. Include
support staff as needed to maximize efficient operations and foster
"One Team" approach.
- Plan ahead for the shift to ensure and approve full utilization
of resources. Ensure consistent application of Operational and
other Company procedures.
- Document and monitor procedures and processes to eliminate
variation and promote sharing of knowledge.
- Cross train in related functions and assist others in obtaining
- Must develop cooperative relationships with other
- Plan, control, and measure all aspects of the production
- Support, understand, and coach others in understanding and use
of lean tools.
- All other duties as necessary to the success of IFP, Inc.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Solid background/work experience in manufacturing (2+ years).
Food or pharmaceutical a plus.
- 2+ years leadership experience.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and 5S organizational
tools. Six Sigma training a plus.
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, ERP)
- Mechanical aptitude/trouble-shooting ability
- Knowledge of food GMP's a plus Attributes:
- Training and mentoring mindset with constant operator
- Strong safety orientation
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude and professional image
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently. Ability and
willingness to provide support and training to employees on all
- Demonstrated ability to lead, work, and develop others in a
- Sensitive to other cultures/backgrounds, able to work in a
- Ability and willingness to learn, understand, and follow
documented work procedures
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced environment
while moving multiple simultaneous projects forward
- Ability to manage time and workload efficiently, and the
ability to prioritize and modify priorities accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to
interface with customers and colleagues
- Able to work with all personality types and connect with people
- quickly earn their respect and dedication #IN
Keywords: balchem, Minneapolis , Production Supervisor, Other , Faribault, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!