Advantage Services Specialist
Company: CommonBond Communities
Posted on: September 18, 2020
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our
model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and
achieving their goals. It's why we're more than housing—we combine
quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage
Services—because we believe that with the right support and
opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, nearly 13,000
people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities
and other barriers—call a CommonBond community "home."
Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation,
and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody
them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds
like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond Communities is excited to announce the search for an
Advantage Services Specialist at our Seward Tower West property in
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Respond to referrals from the Program Manager and Services
- Provide interpreting/translating assistance.
- Work with Services Coordinator to assess and identify
individual and family needs
- Provide education and support to help residents understand
housing-related policies and procedures and maintain lease
- Provide information and referrals to help residents connect
with community resources.
- Assist residents to complete the paperwork required to access
services or maintain lease compliance.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and detailed documentation on client
work in accordance with outlined procedures.
- Monitor the Advantage Center's physical space
- Maintain workrooms and keep supplies and resources
- Maintain office supply stock and order/purchase supplies for
the center when necessary.
- Maintain room schedules and manage room reservations.
- Post monthly Advantage Center hours and maintain a daily
- Manage the phone system operations
- Ensure all workroom technology equipment in good working
- Produce fax and copier reports for monthly billing
- Process incoming and out-going mail
- Greet walk-in residents, visitors, volunteers, and
- Answer questions
- Direct residents to specific program areas
- Answer the Advantage Center telephone line.
PROGRAM SUPPORT AND MONITORING
- Provide residents with referrals to other staff and
- Perform outreach and promote resident and community involvement
in Advantage Center programs
- Work with team to coordinate and promote special
- Troubleshoot on-site programs
- Manage the regular distribution of written information to
- Produce Advantage Center information packets for new
- Receive monthly statistics from program providers
- Produce monthly program and services statistics
- Produce other reports on an as-needed basis
NEW PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Support Advantage Center team effort to develop new programs
and to create partnerships with members of the larger
- Promote positive resident and community involvement in
Advantage Center activities and services
- Attend Advantage Center and community events to meet residents
and answer questions.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with residents and
community service providers.
- Participate collaboratively with other members of the Advantage
Center and housing site teams including participation in regular
- Maintain productive relationships with residents.
- Participate in corporate projects and complete other
assignments as assigned.
- Maintain working knowledge of Advantage Center programs.
- Demonstrate and understand the reasons for a change in the
workplace and take an active role in adapting to those changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in office management or administrative
- High level of organization and time management skills.
- Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become
certified within six months of starting position.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Utilize electronic calendars and scheduling computer software
- Skilled in MS Office, database and web-based programs.
- Experienced user of copiers, fax machines, scanners, and other
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities,
which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations,
national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious
affiliations, races, and languages.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with
both internal and external partners.
- Excellent customer service skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Multilingual (Arabic, Oromo, Somali)
- Experience working with refugees and/or knowledge of
immigration procedures and issues.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
If you have the drive and a passion for strong communities, we'd
like you to consider joining our team!
This job description is intended to provide information essential
to understanding the scope of the Advantage Services Specialist
position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties,
responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the
1080 Montreal Ave
St. Paul, MN. 55116
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status,
age, marital status, or status with regard to public
CommonBond builds stable homes, strong futures, and vibrant
Keywords: CommonBond Communities, Minneapolis , Advantage Services Specialist, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!