If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process.
Vice President of Manufacturing Full Time Senior Management
Claremont, NC, US
18 days ago Requisition ID: 1247
We are expanding and are in search of a dynamic Vice President
of Manufacturing who will be responsible for all manufacturing
operations of upholstery and soft goods. We have production plants
located in Claremont, NC and Pelham, AL. The Vice President of
Manufacturing is responsible for defining and implementing the
overall manufacturing strategy and overseeing production operations
to ensure that the manufacturing process runs safely, efficiently,
and on budget. This position will locate at our upholstery plant in
Claremont, NC and will be expected to travel to Pelham, AL on a
Essential Job Duties
1. Provides leadership and direction to ensure safety, quality,
productivity, and cost meet or exceed company objectives.
2. Provides strategic oversight to all production operations to
ensure manufacturing capabilities meet short and long-term
3. Leads expansion efforts to support company growth.
4. Maximizes plant efficiency through standardized processes,
proper plant layout, and equipment installation.
5. Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets are
6. Develops and implements programs for optimal equipment
utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material
7. Provides direction, development, and leadership to production
8. Ensures company programs and initiatives are implemented,
utilized, and followed by all.
9. Responsible for building a strong culture through employee
engagement to ensure organizational objectives are achieved.
10. Selects, builds and maintains strong relationships with
third party frame, foam and fabric suppliers.
11. Champions the plant’s safety program and coordinates
statutory training and compliance in partnership with Human
12. Promotes lean manufacturing tools and techniques in all
production and related processes to increase efficiency and
minimize operation costs.
13. Develops and monitors appropriate metrics to measure
efficiency and effectiveness.
14. Provides support with international sourcing.
15. Other duties as assigned.
• Production throughput
• Product shipments
• Customer Returns
• Reworks and repairs
• Leading and managing
• Employee accountability
• Manufacturing production and efficiency (LEAN)
• Product quality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Four-year degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related field
• Ten or more years upholstery manufacturing management
• Background in upholstery manufacturing methods,
process/continuous improvement programs and procedures and quality
• Previous experience with international sourcing preferred.
• Proven leadership competencies in conflict management,
developing team members, directing team members, managing and
measuring performance, motivating, building team spirit and
• Demonstrated knowledge of key metrics and financial
• Demonstrated ability partnering with all levels of an
• Excellent communication, leadership, and organizational
• Strong computer skills including; Excel, Word, and
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with a
keen ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Medical - Dental - Vision - LTD - 401K - Paid Time Off -
Voluntary Life, Illness, Accident and STD
About the Company
Gabriella White designs, manufacturers, wholesales, and retails
luxury outdoor (Summer Classics) and transitional indoor (Gabby)
furniture. Summer Classics is a premier, luxury outdoor furniture
manufacturer of modern, high quality resin wicker, cast aluminum,
wrought aluminum, teak, and wrought iron patio furniture, with
outdoor cushions from our exclusive line of outdoor fabrics. Gabby
melds traditional and modern design for beautiful transitional
style that creates exclusive furnishings, custom fabrics, and
statement-making lighting with worldly, unexpected details that
convey “just the right bit of wow.”