Job ID: 1272026 | Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and
motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical
depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with
customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly
scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address
customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS
services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue
growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer
advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations
understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions,
and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have
the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build
mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The
ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record
in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect
technology with measureable business value is critical to a
solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to
think strategically about business, products, and technical
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion
for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions
for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions.
The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems
or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical
skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong
contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly
take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create
world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
· In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a
sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of
· As a key member of the business development and sales team,
ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and
services on the AWS platform.
· Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of
AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure
solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to
transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS
solutions architect community.
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing
publications such as whitepapers.
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals
within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, service
engineering teams and support.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS · 7+ years design/implementation/consulting
experience with distributed applications
· 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture,
database architecture and networking
· Technical degree or equivalent experience required; Computer
Science or Math background desired.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS · Working knowledge of software
development tools and methodologies
· Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions
to the cloud
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking
with internal and external executives, IT management, and technical
· Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn
· Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory
Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop), products
(Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF)
· Willingness to travel up to 20%
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Important FAQs for current Government employees Before
proceeding, please review the following FAQs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /