Legal Assistant - Trial
Company: Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Legal Assistant - TrialDorsey & Whitney is an AmLaw 100
international law firm with more than 550 lawyers in offices
throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a
premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of
industries, including banking & financial institutions; development
& infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage &
agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.We are seeking aLegal
Assistantin our Trial department for our Minneapolis office. As a
key member of our team, you will provide administrative support to
lawyers and paralegals in the Trial practice group. Do you have
strong executive assistant skills? Are you customer serviced
focused? If you have a deep understanding of the litigation
practice and strong communication skills, we would appreciate
hearing from you. Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Proofread, edit, format, and draft electronic correspondence,
pleadings, discovery, briefs and other memorandum for accuracy to
ensure a high quality product.
- File legal documents electronically in both state and federal
- Docket matter related deadlines.
- Review docket and coordinate with attorneys and paralegals on
upcoming dates and deadlines.
- Maintain attorney calendars by scheduling appointments,
conference calls, and meetings.
- Schedule couriers, court reporters and witnesses.
- Prepare charts, graphs, and other demonstratives as
- Arrange travel and prepare expense reports for attorneys.
- Perform general office duties such as preparing copies,
scanning, and filing documents in both hard copy and electronic
- Process billing and invoices for practice group timekeepers as
- Anticipate potential problems in meeting deadlines and take
- Locate information for assignments as directed.
- Assist with special projects and cooperate with other support
staff in performing any duty essential to the achievement of
efficient operations. What were looking for:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in litigation.
- Experience with electronic court filing programs such as
Minnesota Courts (State) and CM/ECF (Federal).
- Possess knowledge and understanding of local and federal court
rules and procedures.
- Strong aptitude for technology including database
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
and Adobe Acrobat, including redactions.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in solving problems,
resolving conflict, and maintaining confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a service-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including proper
spelling and grammar.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with others in
a courteous and professional manner with all levels of
- Strong customer service focus and skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and perform well
in stressful situations.
- Flexibility with schedule (overtime may be required).
- Excellent attendance.Preferred:
- Prior experience with NetDocuments or an equivalent document
- Prior experience with Trial Director or an equivalent
litigation database program to assist with trial preparations.About
Dorsey:Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package
including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance;
domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic
partners); a generous paid time off policy; retirement savings
plan; profit sharing contribution; paid holidays; paid parental
leave, paid volunteer day; adoption assistance; back-up child care
program; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee
assistance program with confidential counseling; and more! (Some
benefits are subject to eligibility criteria).Dorsey values the
strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It
contributes to the success of our people and our clients and
enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences to apply.Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an
EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability,
age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public
assistance, military or veteran status, or any other
legally-protected status.Dorsey participates in E-Verify.How to
Apply:Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications. Please go
to the Careers section of the Dorsey website at
www.dorsey.com/staffjobs and complete Dorseys online application
form. If a disability affects your ability to apply using our
online system, please call 612-492-5178 to discuss reasonable
accommodations in connection with your application. We are unable
to accept application materials by mail or email. Please note that
Dorsey is not currently accepting search firm submissions in
connection with this opening. LI-TC1Office Location:Minneapolis,
Keywords: Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Minneapolis , Legal Assistant - Trial, Legal , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!