Field Service Technician
Company: Patterson Dental Supply, Inc.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: October 13, 2019
OverviewWho are we looking for as a? Field Service
Technician?Patterson Dental is looking for an independent worker
who is interested in the field of bio-medical (dental) device and
equipment repair.?Service Technician Overview:As a Field Service
Technician, you provide repair and installation on a variety of
dental equipment and products including networking, computers and
software in a Windows environment. The Service Technician learns
and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the repair of
devices. Training is supplied by mentorship program with other
branch technicians, manufacturers, online training courses and the
Patterson Technology Center.?Why join Patterson?Patterson Companies
is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental and
veterinary supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare
professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a
total-package approach to doing business.?Our customers benefit
from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the
convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted
partner for everything they need.Responsibilities
- Determining parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service
requests and using, maintaining, and securing test devices and
tools used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Managing vehicle inventory and restocking as necessary.
- Ensuring proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving
habits are followed.
- Repairing equipment to meet manufacturer?s specifications as
well as all company, OSHA or other agencies? policies related to
- Providing technical support after initial installation of
equipment, PC software and hardware and ensuring that service
commitments are met within standard response time.
- Other duties as related to the Field Service Technician
position.QualificationsWhat background and experience is needed as
a Field Service Technician?
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a High School
Diploma or equivalent.
- General mechanical aptitude with prior experience in the areas
of carpentry, plumbing, heating, electricity, and/or electronics is
- Competencies in the areas of customer service, organization,
problem-solving, and interpersonal and communication skills are
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is
- Technical training in the bio-medical or electronics field is
- General computer proficiency, including knowledge of
Windows-based programs and experience with peripherals such as
printers, backups, scanners and modems is strongly preferred.What
physical capabilities are required?You must be able to lift up to
100 pounds.EEO StatementAn Equal Opportunity EmployerPatterson
Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Patterson Dental Supply, Inc., Minneapolis , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!