VP of Technology Enterprise Architecture
Company: Fin'l Services General, Minneapolis, MN
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Provide Architecture vision, leadership and strategic direction to senior level technology professionals and to the architecture function for the organization to support key business initiatives, including cloud transformation. Key owner for the development of global cloud architecture policies, technical standards, Responsibilities • Key owner of the global Architecture vision, leadership and strategic direction to senior level technology professionals and direction to the architecture function for the organization to support key business initiatives including cloud transformation.
• Lead best in class architecture strategy for deployment and implementation of cloud initiatives. Defining enterprise programs, ensuring that appropriate technical, administrative and security controls exist across global information technology resources and data; and that essential controls are effectively applied across the enterprise.
• Analyzing the current global business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. Ensure the ongoing proactive assessments of technology systems health and ability to meet business needs and ensure effective controls are in place to proactively manage risk and remain in compliance with company standards.
• Maximize efficiency and appropriateness of application use of technology platforms in partnership with senior application development leadership.
• Analyze industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise’s strategy and architecture requirements.
• Forward looking technology and business partner with an operational mindset to be a trusted advisor, providing strategic architecture guidance to Advice & Wealth Management, Global Asset Management, Protection and Annuities and other staff groups in the organization.
• Lead architecture projects of increasing scope, complexity, visibility and criticality as assigned, on time and within budget, including cross team/department projects.
• Implement innovative architecture solutions to improve service, support and operational efficiency/effectiveness: thought leader and innovator in optimizing technology to move the business forward.
• Collaborate with program/project teams to reconcile solutions to architecture.
• Identify organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the EA.
• Assess and communicate the successes and business value of EA to key stakeholders. Required Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• 10 - 15 years of relevant architecture, tools, implementation and operation experience; prefer background in large organizations and financial services.
• 10+ years of software development experience, that includes 5 or more years at VP level.
• Strategic thinking and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to combine broad technical, business and political viewpoints. Global experience providing support to multiple business lines, areas, and/or operations.
• Demonstrated ability to dive down to engineering details and ensure architecture patterns are practical and efficient.
Established record of being a strong leader in complex and highly matrix/federated business models.
• Visible champion who can influence leaders on key business initiatives and innovative technology solutions.
• Complete understanding of enterprise application architecture requirements (e.g. performance, scalability, reusability, security).
• Deep technical knowledge of a variety of cloud services, traditional technologies, development languages/frameworks, middleware, and operating systems.
• Strong business knowledge of the wealth management and asset management industries.
• Strong people leader skills, ability to develop and enhance internal technical competency and project execution capability About Our Company With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Company.
Keywords: Fin'l Services General, Minneapolis, MN, Minneapolis , VP of Technology Enterprise Architecture, IT / Software / Systems , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!