Solutions Architect with Web Apps experience -1 yr Contract Minneapoli
Company: iTech Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Solutions ArchitectThe Solutions Architect is responsible for conceptualizing and designing detailed solutions for specific projects enabling the organization to meet business objectives.Design systems to meet functional and non-functional requirements, consistent with long-term strategies. A key responsibility is to ensure future flexibility for evolving business requirements. Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance on solution options and trade-offs, to business partners and development teams.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure technical design and implementation are aligned with business requirements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the project team and the architecture delivery organization.
- Ensure compliance of technology solutions with architectural standards and participation in the full development life cycle of the delivered capability.
- Partner with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in gathering and reviewing non-functional requirements.
- Identify key business and technology drivers that impact architectures, including end-user requirements, existing software distribution capabilities, existing application environment (including legacy and packaged systems), and performance/availability requirements. Collaborate with application and infrastructure teams to understand scope and requirements.
- Conduct assessments of current business and technology architectures including:
- functional assessments, such as end user satisfaction and functional overlaps/gaps; and technical assessments, such as platforms, tool proliferation, age of underlying technologies; uptime/availability; and business processes.
- Identify and document any risks, issues or critical success factors that may require immediate action.
- Translate project requirements into detailed designs consistent with current and future platform strategy and roadmap while influencing requirements and balancing needs for immediate action and the POA.
- Design external system interface architecture that includes appropriate application of techniques and standards.
- Maintain and promote use of appropriate design techniques and methodologies.
- Actively participate in testing design and execution to validate coverage and perform causal analysis.
- Create effective and efficient control patterns, conduct risk evaluations and enforce policies and standards to enable the enterprise to conduct business at an appropriate and known risk level.
- Ensure capabilities are reviewed and compliant within defined risk levels while considering hardware/software currency, performance/availability, security and information/transaction integrity and drive the awareness of required improvements.
- Communicate and manage governance parameters that take into account stakeholders' interests and processes with measurable results.
- Research and maintain a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or related work experience.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively interact with all levels of technology and business partners.
- Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
- Financial Services industry specific knowledge that includes a working knowledge of industry standards and architectures.Skills
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solution architecture designs and concepts, including: security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture.
- 3+ years software development experience; 5+ years system integration experience
- Working knowledge of AJAX, REST, SOAP, Databases, Linux, Windows, Web content management.
- A desire to explore new and emerging web and development technologies, synthesize recommendations, and influence key stakeholders
- Proven experience configuring, debugging, and deploying enterprise applications in complex environments
- Proven experience designing and delivering scalable and distributed web applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, stakeholders, peers, and leadership, driving results and action.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context. Candidate must be able to translate technology into business terms and value. For more information please contact Tom Mazzulla at ext 249. Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area. Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects. Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position. - provided by Dice Architect, Web, MVC
Keywords: iTech Solutions, Minneapolis , Solutions Architect with Web Apps experience -1 yr Contract Minneapoli, IT / Software / Systems , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!