Field Service Technician
Company: FDF: Midway
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Position: Field Service Technician
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Brand: Midway Industrial Supply
OTC's Finishing, Dispensing, and Filtration (FDF) Group is North
America's most trusted resource for liquid and powder finishing and
dispensing application equipment and service and a leading supplier
of materials used in customer applications such as filtration
products. Our mission is to help our customers improve their
applications and business by selecting, designing, and optimizing
their equipment and applications. The FDF Group is the key partner
to some of the most recognized manufacturers of Finishing &
Filtration products in the industry!
We are continually growing, and our business is built around the
talented associates we put in each position. The FDF Group
comprises (6) long-established businesses spread throughout The
Midwest and Southeastern regions.
Job Summary: As a Finishing Field Service Technician , you'll play
a pivotal role in ensuring the reliability and performance of our
customer equipment. Your responsibilities will include repair,
preventive maintenance, and equipment assembly. This dynamic
position requires firm computer and electronics knowledge, as some
equipment necessitates electronic troubleshooting and basic
- Troubleshoot and Repair: Diagnose and resolve equipment issues
efficiently to keep customer equipment in peak condition.
- Customer Support: Address customer inquiries and guide
repair-related queries, ensuring their satisfaction.
- Service Scheduling: Schedule service, repair, and preventive
maintenance tasks to meet customer needs.
- Documentation: Create comprehensive documentation of all work
performed and maintain records within our computer system.
- Equipment Preparation: Prepare repaired or serviced customer
equipment for shipping, ensuring it meets the highest quality
- Equipment Rebuilding: Refurbish used equipment for resale,
extending its operational life.
- Demo Equipment Maintenance: Maintain demonstration equipment,
conduct performance tests, track usage, and ensure equipment
- Travel: Be prepared for occasional overnight travel as needed
to fulfill job requirements.
- Special Projects: Contribute to special jobs and projects based
on company needs.
- Training: Participate in product training sessions and product
demonstrations alongside our sales team.
- Service Contracts: Assist in establishing contracts for repair
and maintenance services.
- High School Diploma or GED, along with at least 2 years of
experience as a maintenance technician, electrical technician,
field technician, or service technician.
- Travel: Willingness and ability to travel up to 50-75% of the
time across the Midwest.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Sufficient mechanical knowledge to
diagnose and resolve equipment problems, disassemble and reassemble
equipment, clean, refurbish, and replace parts as required.
- Tools: Ability to use and operate tools, including wrenches,
drivers, and power tools.
- Technical Documentation: Proficiency in reading parts manuals,
blueprints, and retrieving information online.
- Customer Service: Strong customer service orientation, working
effectively with customers to meet their needs.
- Equipment Operation: Proficiency in operating a 2-wheeler and a
- Driver's License: Valid driver's license with an acceptable
driving record according to OTC's insurance company standards.
- Work Environment: Ability to work where paint and solvent odors
may be present.
Join our team and contribute to the smooth operation of our
equipment and services. If you possess the skills and
qualifications required for this role, we encourage you to apply
and become a valued member of our team!
At OTC Industrial Technologies, our employees are our greatest
strength. Through investment in our people and growth from within,
we believe in providing you with various opportunities to
accelerate your career potential as you help us drive change to
move our business forward.
For over 60 years, employing and developing the best-in-class
talent has been at the forefront of our success. By coupling our
teams' hands-on experience with a wide range of products from top
vendors, we provide customers with the best quality products,
technical application expertise, and services at the lowest
Working with OTC Industrial Technologies is perfect for
purpose-driven individuals motivated to be part of an exciting
Perks of Working with OTC Industrial Technologies:
As part of the OTC family, you'll enjoy competitive compensation
and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental,
and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan - Additionally,
we offer paid time off, short-and long-term disability coverage,
life insurance, tuition assistance, and Employee Assistance
Program. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for
professional and personal growth and recognition.
Keywords: FDF: Midway, Minneapolis , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!