Software Engineer - API
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About this role:Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineer for
API management and development. This position will provide
expertise in API management including API development, API proxy
management for an Enterprise CRM core services group utilizing a
thorough understanding of applicable technology (Apigee, Mulesoft,
and SQL)Responsibilities include:
- Works with a cross-functional team, uses agile practices,
writes, debugs, and delivers code.
- Develop API proxies following API standards that connects to
backend services using API management platform like Apigee for a
seamless data exchange.
- Develop Open API Specification documentation which holds the
contract between the teams for end-to-end development cycle.
- Developing Shared flows to implement security, traffic control,
logging and error handling as part of common code and call it as
part of proxy flows.
- Develop/modify APIs based on API contract.
- Working with the product team / Business in discussing overall
architecture of service capabilities and security mechanisms used
to consume the APIs, generating, and providing the keys.
- Work on proof of concepts and implementation for automation
tools that help teams in the development cycle like automate
testing for Business use cases, develop API proxies and shared
flows which helps speed up the work
- Automate the Spike Arrest traffic limits with a minimal value
which helps the consumers with the initial API call connectivity
- Actively participates discussions with stakeholders from User
Experience, Architecture, and Operations
- Identifies and fixes more complex problems in codeIn this role,
- Participate in projects associated with the technology domain,
including installation, upgrades, and deployment efforts
- Identify opportunity for service quality and availability
within the technology domain environment
- Review and analyze technical assignments or challenges that are
related to low to medium risk deliverables and that require
research, evaluation, and selection of alternative technology
- Present recommendations for resolving issues or may escalate
issues as needed to meet established service level agreements
- Exercise independent judgment while also developing
understanding of given technology domain in reference to security
and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with technology colleagues, internal
partners, and stakeholdersRequired Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent
demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work
experience, training, military experience, education
- 8 + years of development and implementation experience with API
- 8 + years of overall IT experience.
- 3+ years of experience in building and managing API Proxies on
- 3+ years of experience in developing APIs in Mulesoft.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL
- Strong fundamentals in security - authentication,
- Experience in implementing CI/CD for API Gateways and
maintaining "configuration as code".
- Hands-on experience on Apigee Edge or Apigee OPDK (Proxies,
shared flows, flow hooks and utilizing caches) is a MUST.
- Programming skills in Java or Python.
- Experience in implementing automation testing for APIs. Strong
knowledge and experience with full lifecycle development
methodologies, standards and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with good
analytical and problem solving skills.
- Resourceful self-starter with minimal hand holding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1+ years of Experience in Informatica tools like MDM,
- 1+ years of Experience with Autosys scheduling tool.Job
- We Value Diversity At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity,
equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome
applications for employment from all qualified candidates,
regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital
status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected
by applicable law. Employees support our focus on building strong
customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and
compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those
disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and
company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk
programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory
Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to
applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately
fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective
escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk
decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance,
risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk
decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and
all risk and compliance program requirements. Candidates applying
to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Candidates
applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for
employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including
women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible
minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is
available upon request in connection with the recruitment
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Minneapolis , Software Engineer - API, IT / Software / Systems , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!