R&D Engineer - Embedded Software
Company: Nilfisk Advance
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Under minimal supervision, the R&D Engineer, designs and
develops embedded system software for embedded systems.
Responsibilities also include circuit analysis, wiring diagrams and
assists in the production of detailed schematics and ladder
diagrams, has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and
procedures within a particular field. This position will design
software by analyzing the customer requirements of the overall
system and determine which requirements have a software component.
General tasks typically include work with other engineering
disciplines, such as electrical, mechanical and technical partners,
to ensure that the embedded software will accomplish the design
goals for a particular product or system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design and develop embedded software in C, C++, and python
* Design and review electrical circuits, components and wire
harnesses for new design
* Support continuation projects with hardware, embedded software or
* Ensure SW development capability with focus on platform oriented,
real-time distributed architecture
* Agile development, continuous integration, and automatic testing
using Atlassian tools.
* Contribute to legacy software projects by updating and
maintaining code to support customer needs
* Elicit customer requirements, define technical requirements and
derive software requirements
* Ability to support multiple embedded software projects and
understand priorities to meet project deadlines.
* Mentor and coach junior engineers and support production
* Develop system requirements for the embedded real-time software
and verify performance.
* Contribute to the development of functional specifications for
floor cleaning equipment.
* Estimate required effort; develop schedules, work plans and set
priorities of the electrical system.
* Participate in the development of test requirements and test
plans with responsibility for the control systems and carry out
functional, operational, and reliability testing
* Responsibility for failure analysis of control system
components/assemblies for in-line or field failures.
* Utilize various embedded control development tools. Knowledge of
ST Micro and Atmel microcontrollers is desirable.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer engineering/ computer
science/ electrical engineering.
Minimum of 1-3 years with Bachelor degree and 0-1 years with
Masters degree experience in embedded systems design and
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
* Ability to independently engage with our technology partner
regarding HW/SW development and system integration
* Strong organizational skills with an ability to establish
priorities and carry out objectives with minimal supervision
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team
DESIREABLE KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
* Working knowledge of CAN communication (CANOpen and SAE J1939
* Working knowledge of electrical motors and controls, electronic
circuit function and design (analog, digital, & micro-controllers),
battery and charger application, electrical-hydraulic controls,
electric and engine powered commercial and industrial vehicles
* Working knowledge of electrical and electronic test equipment
such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, data loggers, etc.
* Working knowledge of mechanical systems and hydraulic systems is
* Knowledge of manufacturing and plant assembly operation
Let's create a cleaner future together
Clean is changing. Today, cleaning is a key contributor to health
and safety, and a new clean is emerging, driven by technology and
innovation. At Nilfisk we are a driving force in this development,
and we work as one team with one agenda, supporting each other
across an exciting, dynamic organization. Being part of Nilfisk
means having the freedom to speak your mind and do what you do
best. You will thrive by having a hands-on approach and the drive
to bring your great ideas to life. At Nilfisk you can lead,
innovate and collaborate for a cleaner future. Are you ready to
make a change?
Any job offer will be contingent upon proof of COVID-19
vaccination. Nilfisk will evaluate any legitimate requests for
medical or religious accommodation.
Nilfisk, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment
Keywords: Nilfisk Advance, Minneapolis , R&D Engineer - Embedded Software, IT / Software / Systems , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!