Sr. Backend Software Engineer(Data MicroServices)-100% Remote
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere
in the U.S.About VarisVaris (www.govaris.com) is a well-funded and
fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce
software-as-a-service and procurement, and is owned by The ODP
Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP).We are innovation-driven,
customer-centric, and ready to transform business-to-business (B2B)
procurement with insights gleaned from data.Our culture is focused
on bold vision, launching the simplest initial solution to learn,
then either failing or scaling fast.About the RoleThe role of Sr.
Backend Engineer is to design, build and maintain high-quality
technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer
experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development
team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration
with the team Lead Developers, Product Owners, Business Analysts
and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional
requirements into resilient & secure technical designs which will
be implemented as production-ready application code using Java
and/or Golang and RDMS technologies.What You'll Do:
- Translate user stories and functional requirements into
resilient & secure technical designs.
- Design, build and maintain high-quality technology solutions
that deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Ensure application SLAs are met by employing appropriate
monitoring and alerting tools as required by each supported
- Work with development leads to assist in developing overall
application technology design activities; assist with the
identification and definition of key architectures, components, and
interfaces, design of data models and data/information flows.
- Work with product owners to help prioritize development
activities and estimate the level of effort.
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of
learning opportunities for continued growth within the Varis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in software
- Experience in architecting and managing public-facing, low
latency / high-volume APIs and microservices.
- Understanding of data integrity, processing, and
- Solid knowledge of Java/C#/PHP and/or Golang and integrating
with relational databases.
- Have a working knowledge with at least one public cloud
platform and some experience of application containerization (e.g.
Kubernetes / Docker etc.).Technical Competencies: Must haves:
- Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Vertx, GraphQL
- RDBMS (SQL Server / Postgres / Snowflake/Oracle)
- NoSQL DB (Elastic/ Couchbase / MongoDB)Nice to Haves:
- ETL (SSIS, Datastage)
- Java EE and/or Golang
- Experience in producing and consuming XML and JSON.
- Cloud experience (Azure, AWS,GCP)
- Cloud integrations ( CI/CD Pipelines, Kubernetes/AKS,
Functions, Storage, Data Factory, DevOps, Spring Cloud)
- Ability to create unit tests, performance, and integration
tests (jUnit, jMeter/k6 & Postman/Newman)
- Developer Tools (Git/GitHub, JIRA, Visual Studio,MS Management
- Linux/Unix basics
- Tomcat, Netty, Jetty, JBoss, Nginx a plus.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Natural problem solver
- Ability to mentally model complex systems
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller, less
complex problemsPersonal Attributes:
- Team player
- Ability to pivot with change and multi-task effectively.
- Detail orientated
- Strong communicatorBenefits and Perks
- Discounts on Office-Depot/Microsoft/Apple's products and
- Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance
- Medical / dental / vision, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) matching program
- Retirement Savings Plan Rollovers
- Banking Services
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular pay for Funeral/Memorial Service Observance
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- 100% permanent remote work in any states of United StatesThe
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by associates assigned to this
classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all
required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special
projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are
subject to change at any time with or without notice. Varis is
wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of
Varis associates. ODP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Varis, Minneapolis , Sr. Backend Software Engineer(Data MicroServices)-100% Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!