Senior Software Engineer - remote
Posted on: May 16, 2022
About The Job
The Senior Software Engineer is a seasoned Engineer and creative
self-starter that has the capability to drive the development of
new products and initiatives. Collaborating closely with Design,
Product Management, and Engineering teams, this role will work with
others to determine what to build and how to build it. Working at
the intersection of Product and Engineering, this is a vital role
in helping to scope projects and plan for the future.
You are an exceptional multitasker with an eye for detail. You
thrive in a cohesive environment and are passionate about
leveraging your skills to create and maintain Opal's platform.
Opal is the planning platform that connects strategy to execution.
Marketing and communications teams working together in Opal get the
visibility they need to stay aligned and collaborate efficiently.
Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams
everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors,
T-Mobile and Zillow.
- Write server-side functionality using Ruby/Rails,
Elixir/Phoenix, or NodeJS and develop client-side interfaces using
- Drive the creation, shipping, and maintenance of capabilities
across the Opal Platform.
- Participate in the entire product creative process, including
user interviews, design meetings, technical architecture decisions,
and resulting implementation.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering team, in
addition to Product and Design teams.
- Develop the APIs, web applications and microservices that power
the Opal Platform.
- Write and ship JSON:API compliant API endpoints with test
coverage and with shared OpenAPI contracts.
- Leverage technologies like Docker, Redis, Postgres, and
ElasticSearch to build scalable and maintainable applications.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- 5+ years of related software engineering experience focused on
- Passion for building excellent product, understand its
potential and realized impact, and creating great user
- Experience developing enterprise-grade, cloud-based web
applications and leveraging relational database technologies such
- Strong knowledge of web application architecture patterns and
such as ReactJS.
- Solid understanding and an informed opinion about web
- Understand the needs of Opal users to help deliver the most
valuable implementation of a capability.
- Ability to efficiently create consensus, reach decisions, and
deliver value to users by getting software shipped.
- Comfortable with in-person and digital communications, with the
ability to articulate and break down information for an audience of
Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and other
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth, and
- Motivated by the journey of working at a continually expanding
and ambitious start-up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working well in an open and
- Natural alignment with Opal's Values: Professional,
Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required;
advanced degree in a related field a plus.
Some benefits our team members enjoy include:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including
- 100% company-paid Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance for
individuals (plus company-subsidized dependent coverage)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care,
- Company-paid Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
Pay of $120,000 - 150,000 DOE
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an
inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace
promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage
applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity
or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability,
age, or veteran status.
Keywords: Opal, Minneapolis , Senior Software Engineer - remote, IT / Software / Systems , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!