Senior Developer - SQL and Java - Remote
Company: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
Posted on: November 23, 2021
13+ months Fully Remote
Essentially, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a
focus on data engineering with SQL and Java coding experience, who
can quickly work within our technology stack (Java, Oracle,
PostgresSQL, SQL, Linux, Kafka, AWS, Python, Git, JIRA, Jenkins) to
enhance our current datasets and develop new datasets.
Position is in the Trading Data Analytics IT department. The team
supports the data lake, data warehouse, reporting and analytics
capabilities for the Trading business function.
Keys To The Position
Strong knowledge of SQL Strong knowledge of Java. Python, C# a
plus. Knowledge of Linux as a development platform (design, build
and deployment). Knowledge of Git and JIRA a plus.
Strong communication skills Experience taking software projects
thru the entire SDLC. Knowledge of scrum agile process a plus.
Financial Securities Trading knowledge is a plus Experience with
Cloud computing is a plus (AWS preferred) Minimum Requirements:
- Experience taking software projects thru the entire SDLC
including gathering requirements, writing specifications,
development, testing, deployment and documentation
- Strong communication skills
- Experience developing with Java 8 or 11
- Knowledge of Linux as a development and deployment
- Proficient in SQL (DML and DDL)
- Strong motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced, small,
team-oriented environment that supports a business-critical
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience Preferred
- Oracle or PostgreSQL RDBMS
- Web services development
- Experience with cloud development and deployment (AWS
- Prior IT experience at Wellington Management Company
- Experience with Kafka Strong Plus
- Financial Securities Trading knowledge
- Knowledge of Jasper or Tableau Reporting
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and scrum agile
- Experience developing with Python or C# Applicant must meet
MOST of these requirements.
Description: The project is to enhance and develop datasets for
Trade reporting and analysis. This position is responsible for
software development including design, coding, unit testing,
systems analysis, developer documentation, release deployment and
supporting production issues.
- Technical design, implementation, and unit testing
- Partner with Business Analyst and Application Architect to
review and implement business requirements
- Partner with Project Managers on estimates, statuses,
identifying issues and raising risks Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and a
proven ability to put into production software deliverables
relevant to complex business problems.
Keywords: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company, Minneapolis , Senior Developer - SQL and Java - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!