Human Resources Assistant
Company: GSSC (General Security Services Corporation)
Posted on: November 11, 2019
General Security Services Corporation headquartered in Bloomington,
Minnesota is seeking a high potential Human Resources Assistant to
support our organization. General Security Services Corporation
(GSSC) opened for business in 1946 as Midwest Patrol, when security
needs were simple. Since that time, security needs have expanded.
We have responded with customized, integrated security solutions
for every circumstance throughout the United States. Today, we are
one of the largest privately held, full service security companies
in the Midwest. Years of growth and experience have positioned us
as a leader in the security industry. This experience and knowledge
provide an advantage to our customers because we can provide total
security solutions utilizing the latest in electronic security
protection and security personnel.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Human
Resources Officer, this is a career-changing, exciting new position
that we feel is key to our success. We are looking for the right
candidate who is willing to roll up their sleeves and implement
positive change, while helping us gain traction as an employer of
choice in the Midwest. This position offers growth and a career
path for the right candidate who wants to be part of our future.
There will be frequent interactions and involvement with the
members of the GSSC leadership team. The right candidate will think
progressively about human resources, while recognizing he/she will
need to help the company move forward in our understanding of the
benefits of progressive HR practices.
- Responsible for the sourcing, recruitment, interview process,
and candidate experience. Tracks status of candidates, reporting,
scheduling interviews, and follow-up as appropriate.
- Manage the front desk responsibilities including all
correspondence delivered via mail, email inquiries,
guests/visitors, and phone calls.
- Performs all pre-employment, post-employment, new hire
paperwork, new hire coordination, creation of employee files, and
ADP set up.
- Manage the planning, development, and implementation of the
company-wide safety, wellness, and employee engagement
- Enroll new hires into benefits, as well as respond to employee
- Organizes, collects data, and tracks employee exit
- Process verification of employment requests.
- Promotes employee communication and feedback through various
- General office responsibilities including supply management,
mail/special delivery, and other administrative functions.
- Following the GSSC Core Values.
- All other duties, as assigned. Minimum qualifications include
- Four-year accredited college degree in human resources or
- 1+ year in human resources supporting administrative
- Strong communication and decision-making skills and ability to
effectively communicate with employees.
- Working knowledge of human resources responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task while prioritizing projects
- Ability to treat all people with respect and dignity.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexible, adaptable and a proven ability to excel in change in
a growth-oriented environment.
- Comfort in working in a results-based environment where success
can be measured.
- Steady, consistent, ready to roll up his/her sleeves, and
Preferred qualifications include the following:
- PHR or SHRM-CP or willingness to achieve within 2 years of
- ADP Workforce Now experience or other HRIS systems. Attributes
of a successful candidate include:
- Proactive, independent, self-starter willing to jump in as
needed to solve problems.
- Outgoing and engaging personality who can unite an
- Trusted, calm, and patient partner to employees and leadership
- Someone who will respectfully challenge peers and
- A person who will seek knowledge to gain an understanding of HR
GSSC offers a competitive compensation plan to reward those who
help shape our success. We are an EOE/AA/DISABILITY/VETERANS/GENDER
NEUTRAL employer. Historically underrepresented candidates strongly
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: GSSC (General Security Services Corporation), Minneapolis , Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!