Posted on: February 15, 2018
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with all departments. This position carries out the day-to-day duties of these functional areas: employment processing, employee relations, training and development on HR policies and procedures, benefits administration, policy implementation and employment law compliance. Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and implementation of HR policies and processes.
- Assists in maintaining HRIS records and compiles reports from the database.
- Assist with employee relations issues including conflict resolution and counseling.
- Conducts in conducting internal investigations involving employee situations, including but not limited to harassment, discrimination, and violation of company policies.
- Approve/verify manager requests for transfers, title or comp changes
- Assist in termination and corrective action requests
- Process unemployment claims
- Workman's Comp claims
- FMLA, ADA, OSHA, USERRA and FLSA compliance
- Clearly present information and prepare reports for management
- Manager training on HR policies and procedures
- Benefits administration
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of HR QUALIFICATIONS Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2 years Human Resource experience
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Extreme confidentiality and dependability
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment (ability to re-prioritize and adjust to change)
- Intermediate Adobe, Excel and PowerPoint and Visio a plus Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is required.
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser software is required. WORKING CONDITIONS Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Work in an office setting working only hours as instructed by their supervisor and not logging in after scheduled hours or on days off.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment. Other Conditions Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Globaltranz, Minneapolis, hr generalist, Human Resources, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!