VP of Talent Development Apply to This Job
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Company: Education, Herndon, VA Minneapolis, MN Remarks:
Reporting to SEI's Chief Human Resources Officer, the Vice
President, Talent Development will be a critical member of the HR
Leadership Team and will provide strategic direction for the
company's talent, learning and management development functions.
He/She/They will be responsible for designing and implementing an
end-to-end talent management process and strategy to deliver
best-in-class results. Given the company's accelerated rate of
growth and change, this leader will help to shape and architect key
strategies to sustain and enhance the company's culture and ensure
the company has the talent required for today and the future. The
Vice President, Talent Development will be a seasoned executive
responsible for leading the conceptualization, creation and
management of the company's talent management strategy which
encompasses all levels of employees across corporate, admissions
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the CHRO and company leaders/stakeholders to
co-create the vision, strategy, and programs for SEI's integration
talent management function from idea creation through measurement
to ensure a high performing company and culture.
- Establish a strategy and philosophy for Executive Development
and then design and deliver efficient global Talent Management
programs to support them.
- Leverage SEI's overarching Talent Management/Human Capital
Strategy as a differentiator to elevate the organization as a
developer of top talent and to be best in class.
- In partnership with senior leadership, identify the leadership
capabilities/competencies needed for current and future state for
all levels of the organization.
- Lead programs that will accelerate the development of high
potential talent across the company.
- Build an effective and robust succession planning process.
Conduct needs assessments against the leadership competency set and
identify hiring and developmental opportunities to close the
- Build and lead strong performance management across the
- Manage, develop and mentor a small team as well as manage
external vendors to supplement that team.
- Drive innovation and thought leadership across all
talent/organization development areas by remaining current on best
- Ensure an efficient and effective technical skills and
compliance training program is instituted.
- Work closely with the SEI leadership team and key stakeholders,
build a talent management strategy and roadmap, including key
priorities and milestones.
- Create and implement strategies to evolve SEI's culture,
enhance employee engagement and continue to showcase the company as
a Great Place to Work.
- Ensure--enterprise leadership behaviors are incorporated--into
all facets of global talent management and talent acquisition
processes and programs.--
- Enterprise Learning: Develop and execute an overall strategy
for employee learning and manager development as key levers for
aligning employees around the critical priorities for the company.
Ensure people managers are prepared for their roles at critical
transition points. Build and deliver necessary programs.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to design high business
impact solutions in all areas of global talent management including
culture, performance management, talent/succession planning,
organization design/development and large-scale change, learning
and leadership development and measurement strategies.
- Build and manage tools to ensure operational excellence, e.g.,
build/manage budget, measure program effectiveness from point of
view of each stakeholder group, develop mechanisms to ensure
feedback and continuous program improvement, and deliver results
for the business and leaders.-- Job Skills:
- Comfortable building a function from close to "a blank sheet of
paper." He/She/They must have a track record of bringing innovative
solutions and practices to a dynamic organization.
- A blend of strategy and hands-on technical skills. This person
must be able to work closely with the CEO and executive team and,
at the same time, create and implement the recommended
- Pragmatic, business-oriented leader with strong influencing
skills and a proven ability to inspire, motivate, and provide a
vision internally and externally. A willingness to roll up
- Subject matter expertise in leadership development, adult
learning theory, curriculum design/development, delivery methods,
training technology, and evaluation techniques. Prior design and
development experience for leadership and management development
- Transformation and large-scale change management experience -
assessment, development of a strategy in partnership with key
stakeholders, developing measures/metrics, and translating into
operational plans to execute for results/impact.
- Demonstrated track record of helping to lead and evolve a
- Experience successfully identifying and managing external
vendors, including getting the most out of the partnerships.
- An innovative yet pragmatic leader who leverages analytics and
metrics to track impact and build the business case for
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills;
able to navigate a changing organization; excellent consultative
influence management skills.
- Depth of understanding across talent management science and
tools and translates the knowledge into pragmatic and effective
solutions that executives will relate to with clear, compelling and
- Expert consulting skills - e.g., asking questions, contributing
ideas, challenging and promoting thinking, clarifying critical
- He/She will thrive in a culture of authenticity, growth,
ambiguity and large-scale high velocity change. This executive will
be able to build and maintain strong relationships across all
levels of the organization. The Vice President will have strong
influencing and negotiation skills; he/she/they will be energetic,
proactive, resourceful and self-motivated. He/She/They will be
highly intelligent, entrepreneurial, results-oriented, driven,
attentive to detail, credible and dedicated to producing work of
the highest caliber.--This executive will be positive,
results-oriented and have a strong sense of urgency. This leader
will be able to move nimbly between strategy and delivery in a
hands-on, lean fashion. Maintain a strong focus on execution while
managing multiple issues and projects. He/She/They will be oriented
towards creating high quality deliverables that are C-level and
Board ready. Work Experience:
- 15+ years of diverse experience in corporate roles focused on
talent management, leadership development and organizational
development. He/She/They will have a track record of building a
strong talent management function as the #1 or #2 talent management
executive for a growing services company of at least 5,000
- Experience building/revamping and implementing talent
management and OD strategies, including organization design, team,
model, leadership development, learning and development,
succession, performance management, organizational development/
effectiveness, career-pathing, metrics, etc.
- Experience effectively assessing, building and managing a small
team; serving as a leader, mentor and coach to the team.
He/She/They will have strong communications skills, able to share
the overall company vision, talent strategy and milestones to
motivate the team and achieve results. Education:
- From an accredited institution; Bachelor's degree in
organization development, industrial/organizational psychology or
related field is required; an advanced degree such as an MBA, MS or
related graduate degree is highly desirable. Other:
- Must be able to travel 20% of time (as needed).
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential
functions of this job.--
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are
subject to modification.
Like This Job No. 644962
Chief Diversity Officer
Remote, US Canada
Job No. 644183
VP HRBP Legal Professionals
Job No. 643512
Head of People & Talent
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Minneapolis , VP of Talent Development Apply to This Job, Human Resources , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!