Concierge Claims Examiner
Company: Securian Financial Group
Posted on: November 19, 2023
*At Securian Financial the internal title for this position is
Customer Benefit Payments Sr. Representative.
Securian Financial is hiring a Concierge Claims Examiner to join
our team at our corporate headquarters location in Saint Paul, MN.
The selected candidate will join the Concierge Claims Team, which
is a specialized team of professionals that handle some of our
highest profile clients as part of Group Life Insurance. We
guarantee very high standards of performance to our clients and
strive to exceed their expectations. We are passionate about
providing world-class service and have built a reputation of
delivering on our promises. We are looking for an associate who
possess the characteristics necessary to be successful in one of
the most respected life insurance claims organizations in the
industry. Individuals must be focused on the needs of the client as
well as those of the beneficiaries.
A commitment to excellence is a must, as well as a willingness to
learn in an environment where we customize to the needs of our
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conducts investigations in a manner consistent with company
standards of objectivity, fairness and reasonableness making claims
decisions on claims within appropriate approval authority. Also, an
understanding of investigative procedures and resources in order to
conduct a prompt, objective, and complete investigation of the
- Working knowledge of policy provisions exclusions and state
regulations so that claims are handled accordingly, and
recommendations are appropriate. This includes working closely with
the legal and medical departments. This is done while maintaining
awareness of expenses and especially client performance
- Conducts research by email and phone with a variety of people
(internal and external) to gather information necessary to continue
or complete the review of a claim.
- Personalized concierge calls to beneficiaries to outline the
process, answer their questions, and support them during a
- Documents and communicates claim status and decision in a clear
and organized manner to all interested parties.
- Exercises flexibility and creativity while making logical and
- Payment processing, data entry, records management, fraud
prevention, and loss or eligibility investigations.
- Provides effective, customer-centric, and compliant
communication to internal and external resources, clients, and
- Adjudicates payments in compliance with regulatory requirements
and applicable law, engaging legal, medical, and investigative
resources, as necessary.
- Maintains accurate and complete payment record to improve the
customer experience, quality review/audit process, and protect our
company in the event of litigation and regulatory
- Makes critical risk assessments on behalf of Securian Financial
and its clients.
- May manage or serve as subject matter expert for special
- Ensures payment practices are efficient and in keeping with our
organization's values and the highest ethical standards.
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Positive and compassionate attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively achieve results in both an
individual production and team environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new and/or changing
- Desire to provide world-class customer service.
Securian Financial believes in hybrid work as an integral part of
our culture. Associates get the benefit of working both virtually
and in our offices. If you're in a commutable distance (90 minutes)
you'll join us 2-3 days each week in our offices to collaborate and
build relationships. Our policy allows flexibility for the reality
of business and personal schedules. When working in our offices at
least two days per week isn't feasible (vacations, illness, travel,
etc.), an eight day per month standard is an option.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 3-6
hours per day
- Ability to utilize phone for approximately 2-4 hours per
- Ability to perform simple grasping including handwriting, paper
manipulation, sorting, folding, etc. periodically throughout entire
The physical job requirements described above are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed
to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer
hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our
employees for professional development and growth and a number of
diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the
company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best
place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran
status, status in regard to public assistance or any other
protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone
651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click herePandoLogic. Keywords:
Insurance Examiner, Location: Minneapolis, MN - 55406
Keywords: Securian Financial Group, Minneapolis , Concierge Claims Examiner, Hospitality & Tourism , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!