Customer Service Representative - Rogers, MN
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job ID: - 478668Minnesota Paving and Materials, a CRH company
has grown from four small, family local companies, to one, strong
and leveraged leading supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed
concrete, and paving and construction services throughout the state
of Minnesota and surrounding areas. With operations going back to
1861, we boast a remarkably long history of success in the
Minnesota aggregate and asphalt industry.Position OverviewIt is the
duty and responsibility of the Customer Service Representative to
answer the phone promptly and pleasantly, take the customer's order
in a detailed, timely, and professional manner, and to record
accurate delivery and product information on that order. - The CSR
will also promote "value-added" products and upon finishing the
order will completely repeat the order back to the customer.
Customer Service Representatives will also, be good problem
solvers, and most importantly, foster lasting business relations
with the customers.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Answer the phone promptly with a pleasant and accommodating
tone of voice.
- Always demonstrate a positive Can Do attitude.
- Take the customer orders in a detailed, timely and professional
manner and record accurate delivery and product information on the
- Must be aware of special jobsite conditions that require
specific trucks, spacing, slump requirements, etc. -
- Make every effort to accommodate the customers' requests or
needs and negotiate acceptable delivery times.
- Promote and encourage the sale of value added products.
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service.
- Build rapport with customers and establish good working
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree
(GED) required. -
- Valid state driver's license and satisfactory driving record is
- Education and or experience in construction and concrete field
preferred however not required.Work Requirements
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work without close
- Knowledge of paving, construction, and ready mix business.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an
ability to work with management.
- Demonstrated, effective skills in dealing with employees at all
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited
to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency in personal computers/word processing,
spreadsheets/databases, and relevant software packages.
- Ability to analyze issues independently.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
consistency.Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. -Work
- Standard office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
moderate.The statements included in this job description are not
intended to be all-inclusive. - They represent typical elements and
criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. - Other duties
may be assigned as required. - Requirements for this job are
subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Minnesota Paving and Materials, a CRH Company,
is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Minneapolis , Customer Service Representative - Rogers, MN, Hospitality & Tourism , Rogers, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...