Food Service Associate - 3 hours/day
Company: Independent School District 196
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Food Services/Food Service Associate
Thomas Lake Elementary School
3 hrs./day, school term
10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Effective Date of Employment:
September 19, 2022 - 4:00 p.m.
Internal Candidates and External Candidates: Apply on-line at
1. Applicants must be a high school graduate or hold GED.
2. Basic arithmetic, reading, and writing skills
3. Ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds, stand on a hard surface
for 3-6 hours, bending twisting, repetitive motions.
4. Experience in institutional food service operations and/or
school foodservice helpful.
5. Must complete Serve Safe course and pass exam with 70% accuracy
or higher within 1 year of hire date.
6. Previous knowledge of point of sale experience preferred.
7. Ability to work independently and take initiative to complete
job duties within the contracted hours.
8. Must be able to work independently and manage their time
9. Demonstrated experience and proficiency working with a
culturally, ethnically, racially and socioeconomically diverse
school community is preferred.
1. Comply with food service manager's instruction on production,
preparation, and service of food.
2. Comply with department standards to account for meals
(reimbursement and ala carte sales).
3. Comply with food service manager's instruction on clean-up of
kitchen, serving area, cafeteria and dishroom.
4. Comply with standards of safety in handling, preparation,
storing and serving food.
5. Work on computerized point of sale equipment to process students
through breakfast and lunch lines.
6. Work efficiently and cooperate with other employees.
7. Attend job-related training classes and workshops.
8. Interact with students in a positive and professional
9. Other duties as assigned.
Food Service Manager
According to contractual agreement.
In District 196, the sky's the limit for students and employees.
That's because our committed team of educators is dedicated to
helping learners explore their infinite possibilities and reach
their full potential. Our whole child, "Triple-A" approach provides
students and staff boundless opportunities to learn, grow and
pursue their interests in academics, the arts and athletics.
District 196 is a Minnesota public school district of choice,
serving more than 29,000 students and 160,000 residents in the
cities of Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Coates, Inver
Grove Heights, Lakeville and Empire and Vermillion townships.
District 196 is the fourth largest school district in Minnesota and
among the largest employers in Dakota County, with more than 4,000
full- and part-time employees. District 196 has been named to
Forbes' list of America's Best-in-State Employers multiple times
based on a survey asking employees to rate their employer and how
likely they would be to recommend their employer to others.
District 196 has 19 elementary schools (grades K-5); six middle
schools (grades 6-8); four high schools (grades 9-12); an optional
School of Environmental Studies for juniors and seniors; an Area
Learning Center high school program; a K-12 special education
school for students with emotional and behavioral difficulties, and
a special education program serving young adults ages 18-21. The
district also operates three learning centers that provide early
childhood and Adult Basic Education services, and offers extensive
community education programs and classes for life-long learners of
Equal Opportunity Employer
As required by Title IX and other state and federal
nondiscrimination laws, District 196 does not discriminate in
employment or in any of its education programs and activities,
including vocational opportunities, on the basis of sex, race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, familial
status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, sexual
orientation, membership or activity in a local human rights
commission, age or genetic information. District 196 provides equal
access to designated youth groups.
The Director of Human Resources, Tom Pederstuen (651-423-7859 -
email@example.com) is the designated Title IX
Coordinator and has also been designated to respond to
employment-related inquiries regarding the district's
non-discrimination policies. The Director of Elementary Education,
Sally Soliday (651-423-7782 - firstname.lastname@example.org) and
the Director of Secondary Education, Michael Bolsoni (651-423-7712
- Michael.Bolsoni@district196.org) have been designated to respond
to student-related inquiries regarding the district's
non-discrimination policies. The Director of Special Education,
Janet Fimmen (651-423-7629 - email@example.com) has been
designated to respond to inquiries concerning the rights of a
student with a disability. The mailing address for all directors is
3455 153rd Street W, Rosemount, MN 55068. Title IX inquiries may
also be referred to the Assistant Secretary of the US Office for
Civil Rights (OCR).
Keywords: Independent School District 196, Minneapolis , Food Service Associate - 3 hours/day, Hospitality & Tourism , Rosemount, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!