Coffee Shop Barista
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.
Job Title: Barista
Department: Coffee Shop
As a Coffee Shop Barista, this position will be responsible for
reviewing and filling customer orders for the day, handling food in
a safe manner and ensuring the work area is always clean and neat.
Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers
and team members.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager,
Assistant Managers of; Store Operations, Perishables, and Health
Wellness Home; Food Service Director; Coffee Shop Department
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
- Takes customer orders at the counter.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is
always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for
- Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
- Prepares and replenishes product as necessary.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review
- Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes
change, etc., where applicable.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Washes dishes as necessary.
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices products for customers as necessary.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
Education and Experience:
Less than high school or equivalent experience and six months or
less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of
more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with our without
correction, color vision, depth perception and field of
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching,
standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping,
feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store
environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and
handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to noise, equipment
movement hazards, cleaning chemicals/solvents, and possible
electrical shock and temperature extremes.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard tools and equipment used in a coffee shop environment
including disposal, trash compactor, dishwasher, register system,
ice machines, pop machine, scales, and knives.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has
contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Inc., Minneapolis , Coffee Shop Barista, Hospitality & Tourism , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!