Grocery Store Supervisor - Prepared Foods - Located in Minnetonka, MN
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Located in Minnetonka, MNAssists with the scheduling and
supervision of Team Members as well as with the day-to-day flow of
the department. Oversees and maintains compelling Prepared Foods,
coffee, and juice displays. Supports the Prepared Foods Team Leader
and Associate Team Leader(s) to ensure smooth operation of the
Prepared Foods Team. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require
ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly,
and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times.
All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.Responsibilities
- Supervises and delegates tasks to Prepared Foods Team
- Works with Prepared Foods Trainer to train Team Members in a
manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and
- Assists in training of new Team Members, utilizing learning
checklists and training materials.
- Keeps all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly
- Opens and closes department according to established
- Ensures all necessary breaks are given.
- Communicates team concerns to the Team Leader and Associate
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and
goals.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Prepared Foods team procedures and
- Strong demonstrated organizational and time management
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
operations-related applications.Desired Work Experiences
- 12+ months retail experience.Physical Requirements / Working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.Note: The purpose of this document
is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for
the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document
does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position.
Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any
job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher
level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level.
Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for
similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or
geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An
individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current
position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in
order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for
the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the
most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain
milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification,
time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the
higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.At Whole Foods
Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all
Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and
promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs.
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Minneapolis , Grocery Store Supervisor - Prepared Foods - Located in Minnetonka, MN, Hospitality & Tourism , Wayzata, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!