Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Summary:Supervise and participate in the preparation,
seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables,
desserts, or other foods.Key Accountabilities:
- Plan, organize and supervise daily culinary operation of retail
and catering services.
- Plan menus based on such factors as market trends, customer
preferences and nutritional considerations; design recipes,
determine appropriate ingredients and specify individual serving
portion for each recipe.
- Develop menus in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional
needs, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary
constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to
include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and
recipe testing and menu development.
- Direct and coordinate the work of production and dish room
- Maintain proper production, safety and sanitation
- Direct and participate in the daily preparation of standard and
gourmet food items.
- Evaluate the quality of raw food and ensure the quality of the
- Inspection of assigned units to observe quality of food
preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and
sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee
- Implement culinary production for special events, monotony
breakers, and catered functions.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and display of
menu items for special functions.
- Maintain proper inventory controls for food, supplies, and
equipment. Interview, select, train and evaluate supervisory and
- Control revenue and expenses to ensure financial goals.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns from faculty, staff, and
- Maintain university policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in institutional management, nutrition,
dietetics, or hotel and restaurant management, certification by a
recognized culinary institution or an equivalent combination of
education and experience is necessary.
- Demonstrated institutional, hotel, or restaurant culinary
skills to include large quantity production.
- Must have 3- 5 years of culinary management experience.
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication skills are
- A proven track record of successfully controlling costs and
managing annual budgets. Working Conditions:
- Must be able to remain standing for most of working hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform respective tasks.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days.
- May be exposed to hot, humid work areas.
- May be exposed to sharp instruments and power driven
- May be exposed to caustic chemicals.About Elior North America
Elior North America enhances people's lives through culinary
innovation and a commitment to providing exemplary service. Our
family of companies, with more than 17,000 employees, provides food
services and catering to over 1,500 client accounts in five
industry segments across the continental United States. We are
proud to be the fifth largest culinary management company in the
country and excited to be the fastest growing organization in the
industry.We focus on three ingredients for success to differentiate
Elior from our competitors and position our company as a disruptor
in the markets we serve. To support our ingredients for success and
drive our mission and values, we need talented team members
throughout our family of companies.Click here to view a video about
Elior North America Elior North America is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.Required
Keywords: Lancer, Minneapolis , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!