Company: Viking River Cruises
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world's leading small ship travel
company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great
lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused
experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250
awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1
Ocean Cruise Line by Cond-- Nast Traveler in the publication's 2021
Readers' Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and
fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated
Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious
ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi .
Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart
of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you
will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that
stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a
Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides
up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses
covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel
to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to
save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality
positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a
close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form
lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training
from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge
and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for
advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey,
Viking can help you in reaching new destinations. Multiple
positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to $63,300annually
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Bartender supports the Restaurant Manager to ensure the
efficient operations of all bar lounges, bars, restaurants, special
events and all Guest areas, where beverage service activities take
- It is your responsibility to create a friendly, guest-oriented
service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business,
which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the
company. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the set-up and execution of F&B related ship
functions and special events.
- Tally all sales transactions and correctly follow accounting
procedures; correctly tally bar revenue.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of all Bar Menus in order to deliver
exceptional STAR Service, at all times.
- Prepare and serve drinks, in accordance with company standards
and ensure that correct recipes are followed.
- Ensure cost control and adhere to set budgets; conduct stock
takes and inventory, according to company procedures; ensure the
correct storage of stock and establish par levels.
- Ensure assigned areas are set up in accordance with the direction
from the relevant Supervisors and Viking's Operations Manuals and
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Follow service procedures according to Standard Operating
Procedures, Departmental Service Standards and all applicable
Public Health Polices.
- Prepare and operate F&B activities in all outlets, this
includes but is not limited to beverage outlets; ensure all F&B
activities are prepared and executed, according to company
- Minimize equipment loss/damage, and maintain immaculate
cleanliness standards in relevant areas, by applying safe working
policies and procedures, according to all Public Health Policies,
and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and returned
accordingly, after each use.
- Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are prepared
15 minutes prior to service.
- Partake in embarkation duty, as directed, including but not
limited to luggage assistance, escorting Guests and any other
related duties; participate in loadings, as required by
- Participate in "The Daily Reunion" every day to understand your
team's operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to
Viking's STAR Service Standards.
- Provide the highest level of comfort and sales-oriented service
to Guests and consistently maintain an impeccable standard of
cleanliness and hygiene in assigned areas, as per Viking's STAR
Service Standards and all Public Health Policies; proactively
prepare service according to Guest flow, embarkation &
disembarkation, sea day activities & other activities.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard.
Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying
with Viking's Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and
protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to
prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different
times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do
attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore
excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and
objectives (quality and financial) for the Bar Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can
operate in line with all Public
- Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate
in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security,
fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the
- Assist in other departments and/or perform additional duties,
upon instruction from supervisors.
- This document describes the primary activities, duties and
responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may
assign additional duties and responsibilities to you. This document
describes the primary activities, duties and responsibilities of
this position. Your manager or supervisor may assign additional
duties and responsibilities to you.
Keywords: Viking River Cruises, Minneapolis , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!