Company: Great Wolf Lodge
Location: Young America
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position SummaryThe Housekeeping Supervisor brings joy to
families at Great Wolf Lodge by acting as a core driver of front
line efficiency and effectiveness in the Housekeeping department.
This leadership role is critical in the selection, training,
staffing, and coaching of front line staff to ensure the safety,
quality, and timeliness standards of the guest experience.Essential
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and mentors housekeeping staff daily to ensure
cleanliness standards and operational efficiencies are met or
- Ensures the turnover of all vacant and clean rooms in a timely
manner; verifies stayovers, reports early check outs, and
communicates issues and discrepancies with front office.
- Provides coaching, encouragement, and recognition to pack
members when necessary.
- Understands and champions Great Wolf policies and procedures,
and collaborates with Housekeeping leadership in performance
management of the department and its Pack Members.
- Understands and participates in scheduling of staff, labor
management and forecasting.
- Participates in the development and execution of training
programs for new hires as well as ongoing training for Pack
- Creates and schedules daily assignments, daily and weekly
projects, and optimizes staff to ensure lodge cleanliness and
- Conducts daily stand up meetings with Room Attendants and House
Attendants in order to prioritize the day and facilitates feedback
from Pack Members.
- Escalates pack feedback to leadership.
- Inspects guest rooms for cleanliness, damage, supply levels,
maintenance issues, and temperature control, and reviews results
with Room Attendants; coaches and drives accountability and
- Ensures linen storage rooms, trash rooms, and housekeeping
carts are clean, organized, and properly inventoried for the next
day's activities; ensures and promotes safety standards in these
- Supervises activities of staff and area to ensure compliance
with resort standards, including the management of time and
- Participates in recruitment process and selection of talent for
the housekeeping department.
- Assists with regular state of the team meetings and helps plan
engagement activities for pack members.
- Ensures the completion and proper communication/escalation of
maintenance work orders and other concerns to the appropriate
- Schedules deep clean and carpet care based on bi-yearly
schedule and guest comments.Basic Qualifications & Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Rooms Division supervisor or
similar supervisor position
- Prior hospitality or housekeeping experience or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office and general software systems;
proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook Experience with HotSos or
- Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service, conflict resolution, employee
engagement, retention and team building skills Ability to work
flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and/or Holidays as
neededDesired Qualifications & Traits
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in large family
resort or hotel
- Experience with Opera or similar system
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Time management skills in a fast-paced environmentPhysical
- Ability to lift 30lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods
- Ability to bend, stretch and twist
- Capable of tolerating exposure to chemicalsEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Great Wolf Lodge, Minneapolis , Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Young America, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!