Production Support Supervisor 2nd shift - $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: E. A. Sween Company
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Details Description We are always looking for talented,
hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family. We are a
family-oriented company that understands the significance of our
employees and we are successful because of our incredibly committed
team. We are looking for an experienced Production Support
Supervisor to join our Operations department on 1st shift. E.A.
Sween is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability Take a Virtual Tour and see what
it looks like out on the production floor at EA Sween Company and
learn more about our amazing company: This opening is for 1st shift
the hours will be Monday through Thursday 6am-4:30pm. Overtime on
Fridays when needed. Summary: The Production Support Supervisor is
a highly motivated, quality conscious professional who coordinates
and supervises the daily activities of warehouse associates, keeps
the warehouse operating at or below budget, oversees warehouse
activities (including hiring, training, and vendor reporting),
manages inventory/accuracy, assists with continuous improvement
initiatives and drives improvements. This position is responsible
for the overall supply chain management, including, organizing and
monitoring storage and distribution of goods, managing the entire
order cycle and ensuring sustainability and customer satisfaction.
Must be knowledgeable re: GMPs, SSOPs, CCPs, and USDA and/or FDA
guidelines. This position assumes additional responsibility for
Temp Room, Receiving and Shipping Processes in the facility.
Essential Competencies: 1. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing personnel and maintaining compliance. Manages substance
screening needs for safety incidents with property damage, via
partnership with HR and Management.
- Acts as a point of contact for after-hours employee and plant
- Coordinates cleaning of all work areas (Temp Room, Warehouse
and Pack Off), in conjunction with Sanitation and Food Safety &
Quality. 2. FOOD SAFETY
- Assures team members are following Good Manufacturing Practices
and Food Safety Regulations. Maintain HACCP, FESMA and Best
Practice qualifications and ensure audit compliance.
- Owns corrective actions from all audits.
- Complies with food safety regulations, and current Good
Manufacturing Practices to result in the delivery of safe food
- Organizes annual training processes and updating of standard
work for the team.
- Ensures updates and training on all changes to lot code system
- Establishes written procedures related to the safety and
security of returned goods.
- Tracks trailers and raw material, accurately, utilizing E1/JDE
or ERP System. 3. LEADERSHIP
- Supports the EAS -WE- Will Win as One mentality and all facets
of the company's purpose, spirit and vision. Involves the Warehouse
team in the department goals and results.
- Determines training needs and embraces a solution-focused
mindset for team.
- Communicates job expectations by coaching, counseling, or
disciplinary procedures with HR partnership (this includes other
Employee Relations and Attendance issues too).
- Manages, coordinates, and supervises the daily activities of
all shifts of warehouse associates.
- Works jointly with Purchasing, Planning, FSQ, R&D,
Continuous Improvement, and Maintenance team members or management
to resolve production related issues or collaborate on daily work.
4. OPERATIONS/SUPPLY CHAIN LOGISTICS
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs;
evaluating new equipment and techniques; and assists the
Maintenance team with prioritization.
- Informs Production Manager of variances, staffing issues,
performance measures and provides regular progress
- Assures that Temp Room, Warehouse and Pack Off areas reduce
rejects, waste, downtime and GMP infractions.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, setting
variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring
personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost
reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems, and
facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing
operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control,
budgetary and personnel requirements.
- Coordinates year-end inventory process and verifies
- Manages the yard truck/CDL driver(s) to ensure timely movements
of finished shipments and stages stored inventory as needed for
production. 5. QUALITY ASSURANCE/CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Assures CCP monitoring and documentation is completed according
to the HACCP plan.
- Assures SSOP's are monitored, and documentation is
- Performs necessary audits to assure compliance with standard
work and 6S.
- Supports & verifies sequenced cycle counts.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and employee morale
to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously
improve in all areas by participating in relevant department
projects and teams as needed. 6. EQUIPMENT Knowledge of electric
and manual pallet jack/forklifts E1 JD Edwards RFS Scan Guns
- Red Zone Required Qualifications:
- Associates degree and/or 2 years of strong leadership
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Basic math skills
- Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have previous experience in food manufacturing or clean
room environment Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in Warehouse, Logistics and Distribution is
preferred; previous machine operator experience would be a
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Distribution,
Logistics or Supply Chain
- 5-8 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse and
- Record of successful distribution, warehouse and logistics
- Proficient in TMS software.
- Prefer experience supervising employees from diverse cultural
backgrounds. Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate all shifts to
ensure consistency and execution.
- Must be highly motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced
- Must be able to work well with various levels of employees and
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. on a repetitive basis, utilizing
help when necessary.
- Ability to push/pull up to 300 lbs. of product using a
four-wheel dolly and/or drag hook.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to work in cool conditions of up to 50 degrees up to 20% of
- The employee frequently is required to stand or walk most of
the day; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach overhead
with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as well as the ability to bend, turn,
twist, reach, push and pull.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Occasional
evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned from time to time
by Supervisors or Managers. Qualifications 0" style="display:
none;"> Skills 0"> 0"> 0" style="display: none;">
Behaviors 0"> 0"> : 0" style="display: none;"> Motivations
0"> 0"> : 0" style="display: none;"> Education 0">
0"> 0" style="display: none;"> Experience 0"> 0"> 0"
style="display: none;"> Licenses & Certifications 0"> 0">
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Minneapolis , Production Support Supervisor 2nd shift - $1,000 Sign On Bonus, Hospitality & Tourism , Chaska, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!