Assistant Kitchen Supervisor
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor
Location: Minneapolis, MIN
Who You'll Work For
REEF's mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that
connect people to locally curated goods, services, and
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people,
REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and
neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our
communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You'll Do
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for providing technical
support to the Kitchen Manager, while exhibiting leadership and
direction to kitchen personnel. The Assistant Kitchen Manager
manages operations and personnel in the absence of the Kitchen
Manager. They are responsible for the quality of the food, while
ensuring seamless operations.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Sets up stations with all necessary supplies
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Cooks menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen
- Cover Kitchen Manager duties as needed
- Always follows supervisors' direction
- Follows proper cooking techniques for all dishes
- Ensures food quality and timeliness
- Practices correct food handling and food storage procedures
according to company and state regulations
- Complies with all nutrition, sanitation and safety regulations
- Reports all unsafe working conditions, operational needs and
equipment or aspects of the kitchen in need of repair to
- Assist in managing workforce hours
- Assist with cost of goods sold
- Train new hires & coach employees as needed
- Assist with inventory management
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
What We Want From You
- Leadership skills
- Restaurant Experience, preferable
- Some Knowledge of COGS and Inventor
- Previous cooking and supervision experience
- Open availability
- Operational knowledge of hospitality equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods,
ingredients, equipment and procedure.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is
regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Incumbent is occasionally required to taste or smell
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs on a weekly basis.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and work in a standing position
for a long period of time
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant
noise, without the use of a private office
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and
deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism &
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands
in excess of 40 hours with or without notice including weekends,
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value
diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable
equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in
which it operates.
Keywords: REEF, Minneapolis , Assistant Kitchen Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!