Company: Rogers Behavioral Health
Location: Cottage Grove
Posted on: February 9, 2024
$2,000.00 Retention bonus available! (In-training licensure)
$4,000.00 Retention bonus available! (Fully licensed)
The Therapist develops, coordinates, and facilitates all direct
social services to patients and their families assigned and
performs duties as directed by their manager. The Therapist will
work in an acute care setting that includes partial hospitalization
and intensive outpatient services. Provide social services to
patients and their families/significant others
- Provide therapeutic treatment services to the individual,
group, family and/or significant others.
- May provide individual treatment sessions with patients as
indicated per the program and patient needs.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed and assess for
- Interact with patients, family members, significant others and
referents with respect and dignity.
- Participate in psychoeducational support sessions with
- Provide case management and therapeutic interventions to all
- Serve as patient advocate when a patient has a grievance,
following the System policy and procedure.
- Adhere to materials provided to ensure clinical effectiveness
and consistency. Manage patient/family expectations related to
services provided. Initiate and maintain contact with referring
providers, school, if applicable, and care team for patients.
- Implement goals and interventions as specific on the Care Plan,
within the therapeutic component of the patient's program.
- Ensure goals are SMART (specific, measurable, attainable,
relevant, and timely).
- Ensure goals and interventions are patient specific and
individualized according to patient diagnoses.
- Document progress according to the treatment plan. Complete all
documentation within required time
- Complete admissions documentation.
- Social Services Admission Assessment.
- Suicide Risk Assessment and collaboration with treatment team
according to identified guidelines.
- Complete a safety plan (at Provider discretion for patients age
12 and under).
- Initial treatment goals and interventions on the Care
- Obtain necessary consent for release of records to access
information that will assist in providing treatment or facilitating
discharge, including coordination with referents and other mental
health treatment providers.
- Complete ongoing treatment documentation, as required,
according to program guidelines.
- Write clear, concise, collaborative, and obtainable treatment
goals in the Treatment Plan.
- Document patient's treatment status in medical record
- Complete therapeutic documentation for group treatments
including a description of the group and information about the
patient's engagement and participation. Update the Care Plan goals
- Document contact notes for each conversation with outpatient
provider, school, or parent.
- Summarize the patient's progress and decision making from
multidisciplinary team meetings in the master treatment plan each
time the patient is officially staffed. Complete discharge
documentation as required and on time
- Document the initial discharge plan in the medical record.
- Document discharge summary. Identify patient's presenting
problem, progress, current status and treatment
- Contact outpatient provider(s), school and other stakeholders
to discuss aftercare to ensure proper handoff.
- Report and document suspected cases of physical, sexual abuse
and/or neglect according to the law in the state of employment and
according to System policy and procedure.
- Implement understanding of the System policies and
- Implement understanding of the Mandatory Reporting in the state
of employment. Support changes in staffing/scheduling when program
and patient care needs require Additional Job
- Master's Degree in Social Work, or related field, from an
accredited school of Social Work Professional Counseling, or Family
Therapy with experience in health care and in a psychiatric
- LGSW, LPC, LMFT, LSW, LADC, LPCC or equivalent in state
- Working knowledge of therapeutic intervention and techniques
for all age groups, as well as the dynamics of human growth and
- Per program description, this job may include duties of
cognitive behavioral therapies in addition to social services.
- American Red Cross Professional Rescue is required within
thirty (30) days of date of hire. Bi-annual re-certification is
- Formal training in the management of the aggressive patient
(NCI) is required within sixty (60) days of date of hire. Annual
re-certification is required.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and other in-services relevant
to the position. Be responsible for all educational requirements
and related obligations pertaining to the license of the
program/unit license regulatory requirements governing the
program(s).The System also includes Rogers Behavioral Health
Foundation, which supports patient care, programs, and research;
and Rogers InHealth, an initiative that works to eliminate the
stigma of mental health challenges. EOE/MFDV
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action - Rogers
Behavioral Health (rogersbh.org) Click for more videos below.
Therapist day in the life: intensive outpatient Therapist day in
the life: residential adult program
Keywords: Rogers Behavioral Health, Minneapolis , Therapist, Healthcare , Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!