Faculty Physician - Endocrinologist
Company: National Medical Association
Posted on: March 19, 2023
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a
non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical
and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than
1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health
professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond. Join us on
a mission to advance medicine. Job Title: Faculty Physician -
Endocrinology (Assistant or Associate Professor - Academic or
Master Clinician Track) The Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and
Metabolism at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board
certified/eligible Endocrinologist at the Assistant or Associate
Professor rank on an academic or master clinician track. This
position will support the expansion of our Endocrinology services
across the continuum of complexities to join the University of
Minnesota Medical Center, Clinic & Surgery Center and Fairview
community based clinics. Position Highlights:
- Provide clinical care for patients with diabetes and/or other
endocrine diseases in both the inpatient and outpatient
- Join a team of 16 academic Endocrinologists and other community
based specialists within the system.
- Integral team member in the development and implementation of
an Endocrinology service line in the M Health Fairview Care
- In collaboration with the Endocrinology care leaders, will be
responsible for oversight and organization of the Endocrinology
Care Program within the clinic, while keeping the continuum of care
progression at the forefront.
- In collaboration with administrative and clinical leaders, will
be responsible to assure implementation of best practice clinical
- Deliver outstanding care for patients across the full continuum
of health care settings in the system.
- Based in an outpatient clinical setting, deliver a full
spectrum of care including: diagnosis and management of diabetes
and osteoporosis, disorders of the thyroid, adrenal, pituitary and
- Consult with patients to determine the appropriate course of
- Perform medical procedures as appropriate
- Assess patient health through interviews and physical
- Ordering, interpreting, monitoring diagnostic tests on medical
conditions to determine a diagnosis
- Prescribe medications and treatment plans
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and
- Attend leadership meetings.
- Additional opportunities for research and teaching may be
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Openings: 1.0 FTE (Full Time), 85% clinical in the outpatient
clinic sites (Minneapolis, Fridley, or other community locations)
and 4 weeks/year of inpatient consulting services and attending.
15% academic/education (teaching and training fellows, medicine
residents and students).
- H1B Visa accepted About the Division: The division has
increased its faculty with research in diabetes, thyroid disease,
and reproductive health. The expanded capabilities allow the
division to remain active in patient care, teaching students and
residents, providing educational seminars and CME programs,
training endocrinology fellows, and continuing established research
programs while developing new ones. Clinical activity continues to
increase. All forms of endocrine diseases are managed with special
emphasis on patients with thyroid disease and diabetes mellitus.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine residency and
Endocrinology fellowship-training program.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine, board certified or board
eligible in Endocrinology. If not certified, expectation is to
acquire certification within one year from hire.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the
State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for
credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from
the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal
status according to the requirements of the VISA. This role is
dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding
application for this position here: Benefits Highlights Our
benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and
inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified
employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance More information
can be found here: and . M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health
Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a
collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians,
University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services
to build a nationally known academic health system that combines
academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical
care to patients and communities, while also supporting research
and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota The University of Minnesota is among the
largest and most prestigious public research universities in the
nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution
with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed
the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty
members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical
care, and developing the next generation of health
professionals.#UMP Community Information We are based in
Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to
live in America by . The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high
quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent , a
robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all
types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport.
If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the
plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike
- M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits
and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the
exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging
assignments and the opportunities for advancement. We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will
ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment.
Keywords: National Medical Association, Minneapolis , Faculty Physician - Endocrinologist, Healthcare , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...