Registered or Certified Medical Assistant
Company: University of Minnesota
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID352728
Job FamilyLR-Health Care NonProfessional
Employee ClassAFSCME Unit 4 - Health Care
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
What we offer:
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- No nights or weekends
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) pension plan
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible
tuition. Hourly Rate: $20.07- $24.84 General Statement of
Responsibilities:The University of Minnesota' Boynton Health (BH),
a leader in college health, is seeking a Certified Medical
Assistant with a positive attitude and exceptional customer service
skills. As a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant at BH, you
will become a vital member of our team using your expertise as a
nurse to deliver high-quality patient care. You will participate
and be a key player on a team that is improving and delivering
high-quality health care to the University's diverse populations of
students, faculty, staff, and community. At BH, you will also have
the opportunity to use your creative talent to support student and
campus health and wellness initiatives and events. BH offers the
unique opportunity to build connections and share your ideas with
top executives and leadership. The ideal candidate will have
integrity, good judgment, and the ability to relate to people.
Outstanding benefits include tuition scholarships; excellent
medical, dental, and retirement plans; free in-house continuing
medical education (CME) opportunities and an allowance for external
CME opportunities. Detailed Job Responsibilities:Deliver safe,
quality patient care to patients under a Registered Nurse or
clinician's direction and supervision.
- Review electronic health record (EHR) for completeness before
appointments and as needed for phone calls and diagnostic test
- Prepare exam rooms.
- Restock supplies. Assemble procedure trays as needed for office
- Room patients; prepare patients for
- Interview patient for reason for visit.
- Measure and record vital signs.Perform delegated medical
treatments and procedures according to policies, procedures, and
- Administer prescribed medicines and injections.
- Clean and dress wounds.
- Perform Point of Care testing and assigned procedures.
- Collect and process lab specimens.Efficiently and accurately
record Electronic Health Record information.
- Document all care information, as necessary to maintain an
accurate record of nursing actions, patients' reactions to care,
resulting patient outcomes, and relevant medical communication with
- Answer phones, route messages and return calls, as directed by
- Room patients over the phone for provider Telehealth
visits.Continually improve systems and processes supporting LPN
- Attend training and comply with OSHA, MERTKA, BBP, and HIPPA
law, as well as clinic policies and procedures.
- Offer feedback on patient care protocols, policies, and
procedures and participate in process and practice improvement
- Promote a safe, equitable, and respectful environment in which
concerns can be addressed effectively.**This description lists the
major duties and requirements and is not all-inclusive. The
employee may be expected to perform related duties and may be
required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.**
- Graduation from a CAAHEP or ABHES accredited medical assistant
program AAMA or AMT certification.
- Completion of medical assistant training program.
- Registration or Certification as a medical assistant.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting culture that respects and
advances diversity and inclusion. Preferred Qualifications:
- Open to communicating with individuals from a variety of
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously, as
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external
stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse racial,
ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds Physical & Environmental
Demands / Mental Reasoning Requirements:
- Mobility, agility, and strength to stand, walk, sit, lift and
transport patients for extended periods.
- Bending, twisting, stooping and stretching.
- Ability to push and pull wheelchairs and gurneys.
- Respond to patient needs in emergencies, including
- Exercise good judgement and complete care duties efficiently
- Vision to read printed and electronic information.
- Repetitive hand and wrist motion to operate a keyboard and use
standard clinic support.
- Communicate effectively in English using oral, nonverbal,
written, electronic and visual forms of interaction
About the Department
About Boynton Health, NursingBoynton.umn.eduBoynton Health, a
nationally recognized leader in college health, is transforming
health and academic success for students. Our mission is to create
a healthy community by working with students, faculty and staff to
achieve physical, emotional and social well-being. Boynton provides
comprehensive health care to students, faculty and staff. Boynton
conducts significant outreach efforts including student-led health
promotion in the areas of sexual health, nutrition and stress
management. It conducts a comprehensive survey of college students
to give postsecondary institutions a look at the health of their
students. And it conducts community-based public health initiatives
to support the health of everyone on campus.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online
application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis , Registered or Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!