Registered Nurse - Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit - Monticello Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
48 hours every two weeks - Variable days 7p.m.-7:30a.m. and
7a.m.-7:30p.m. - Every 3rd weekend 7p.m.-7:30a.m. and rotating
$3,500 Sign-on bonus
CentraCare Health - Monticello is seeking a Registered Nurse to
provide services in our 10 bed Geriatric Behavioral Health
As a member of the Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit (GBHU) team you
will be a dedicated nurse and will care for patients and families
in an acute setting utilizing advanced assessment and physical
examination skills to provide high quality patient care
As the RN you will plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care.
Relate effectively with others for continuity of care; maintain
quality relations with other departments and nursing units;
participate in education, maintenance of records and upgrading of
policies, procedures and skills - all in accordance with applicable
standards, guidelines and regulations.
What you'll have:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of
Minnesota. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Current certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- American Nurses Association (ANA) Psychiatric - Mental Health
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NCI) Nonviolent Crisis
Intervention (NCI) initial and on-going Training required
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, employees, public, and other
- Knowledge of growth and development; specifically, an
understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional, and
chronological maturation process.
- Understanding of the range of treatment needed by patients of
all ages in relation to the growth and development processes to
include neonate, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
What you'll receive:
- Comprehensive orientation.
- Team nursing aspect.
- A warm and inviting environment where employees are supported
in building their skills.
- Open communication amongst the team and leaders.
- Mentoring within the department.
- Comprehensive Benefits package
CentraCare - Monticello:
- 25-bed critical access hospital including Birthing Center,
Medical/Surgical Unit, Pediatrics, and ICU
- 10- bed Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit
- Extensive Outpatient Services: Level IV Emergency Department
with ambulance service, Heart Care, Surgical Services, Sleep
Center, Diabetes & Nutrition Education, Integrated Behavioral
Health, Vascular Care, and Wound Care.
- Full Imaging, Laboratory Services, and Respiratory
- 89-bed Extended Care Facility
CentraCare is committed to the patients and families we serve in
the communities we call home throughout Central, West Central and
Southwestern Minnesota. We listen then serve, we guide and
heal-because health means everything.
- Has grown to be one of the largest health systems in
- Leading provider of rural health in the state
- Recent investment in system-wide employee culture
- Innovative population health and wellness initiatives
- Collaborative physician and administration leadership
- Access to more than 40 medical and surgical specialties
- Work for an organization that offers nationally recognized
care. View our most recent awards by clicking here.
*To be eligible for the sign-on bonus you must be an external
candidate who is hired into an eligible full time or part time
benefited position. Previous CentraCare/Carris employees qualify if
they have not worked for CentraCare for at least 9 months at the
date of hire.
CentraCare has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All
individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with
disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare is an EEO/AA
Keywords: CentraCare, Minneapolis , Registered Nurse - Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit - Monticello Hospital, Healthcare , Monticello, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!