Certified Surgical Technologist
Company: KURZ Solutions
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Star of the North - Minneapolis!
The Community - Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
The state capital, St. Paul, and neighboring Minneapolis make up
the Twin Cities, an incredibly rich and diverse area with dramatic
skylines, exciting pro sports, award-winning theater, renowned
restaurants, and a booming craft beer scene. Revel in the natural
beauty of dozens of trails, parks, and waterways, such as the Chain
of Lakes and the Mississippi River. You can also shop 'til you drop
at the local boutiques and the nation's largest mall, the Mall of
America, with no tax on clothing or shoes! Or attend one of the
hundreds of annual events in the region, from small-town
celebrations to one of the largest state fairs in the country.
Learn about the 55 Cool, Hidden and Unusual Things to Do in
Explore more of Minneapolis
About the Facility - Minneapolis VAMC
This facility provides the health care needs of Veterans in
Minnesota and Western Wisconsin. Our main campus provides primary
care and specialty health services, including surgery, psychiatry,
neurology, cancer treatment (oncology), dentistry, and more. The
Minneapolis VA Health Care System is a teaching hospital providing
a full range of patient care services with state-of-the-art
technology, as well as education and research. Comprehensive health
care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term
care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine
and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, geriatrics, and extended
Facility Address: One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417
RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- Assist in training and provides guidance to residence, medical,
nursing, and surgical technology students in the operating room.
Assist staff in surgical techniques and operating room procedures
in include scrub person role during surgical procedures.
- Provides emotional support to patients in a variety of stage
and adult development.
- Delivers care to patients in a respectful, non-judgmental
- Maintains patient privacy/confidentiality.
- Informs surgeons and staff about specialty surgical
- Provides patients and staff with consistent information
according to established policies and procedures.
- Supports the healthcare team through the reinforcement of
- Remains current on updates in surgical technology through
continuing education courses.
- Assists in surgical team members in quality improvement
- Assists in the team members with care of the patient, i.e.,
positioning, prepping, and obtaining supplies.
- Plans and discusses each procedure with surgical professionals
and assures that all supplies and equipment are available prior to
the surgical procedure.
- Handles instruments, supplies and equipment during surgical
procedures such as open heart, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, etc.
ranging from simple to complex.
- Observes and responds promptly to each stage of the surgical
procedure and anticipates the needs of the surgeon by maintaining a
high level of concentration for extended periods of time.
- Prepares prosthesis and surgical devices during
- Sets up sterile field with all required items for each
procedure such as air-powered equipment, fiber optic equipment,
laparoscopic equipment, microscopes, lasers, arthroscopy equipment,
urological equipment, recording devices, and other operating room
supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes universal precautions and follows infection control
policies and procedures when handling specimens, supplies and
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts prior to the
surgical incision before the closure of all cavities and at the
termination of the operation.
- Accountable for all instruments, needles, sharps, and equipment
utilized during the surgical procedure.
- Maintaining the sterile field throughout the surgical
- Assures that all instruments, supplies, and equipment are ready
for the surgical procedure.
- Maintains delivery or care to patients in a variety of stages
of adult development.
- Recognize and respond to a variety of critical situations,
including emergency and life-threatening conditions.
- Provides patient information to the RN/Anesthesia team for
inclusion in the patient's plan of care.
- Handles all specimens appropriately.
- Performs non-technical maintenance on equipment to ensure
proper operating prior to usage.
- Maintains surgical work area such as routinely cleaning area
and removing outdated or expired items.
- Identifies potentially hazardous situations and removes
hazardous equipment from the work area.
- Must possess a graduate of an accredited surgical technologist
program and surgical technologist certification.
- Shall be certified as a Certified Operating Room Technician or
Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology
and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for
Competency Testing (NCCTINC).
- Must have 5+ years of Surgical Technologist/Technician and/or
Registered Nurse (with Surgical Technologist/Technician)
- Experience with instrumentation in the operating room.
- Strong understanding of surgical technology and surgical
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Passionate about patient care.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: KURZ Solutions, Minneapolis , Certified Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!