Director of Product Development (Cell & Gene Therapy)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN - Minneapolis, MN
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Job Shift: Day
DescriptionBy joining Bio-Techne, you'll join a company with a
powerful and positive purpose of enabling cutting-edge research in
Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics. Bio-Techne, and all of its
brands, provides tools for researchers to further treat and prevent
Director of Product Development for Cell & Gene Therapy is an
opportunity for an innovative, results-focused leader to direct the
development of workflow solutions that enable cell and gene
therapies to reach more patients. In this role, the leader will be
responsible for driving the overall strategy to develop research
use only and GMP products from discovery to the clinic in the areas
of immune cell therapy, regenerative medicine, gene editing and
This leader will be empowered to unify development efforts within
the business unit and across the company to develop cutting-edge
solutions in a rapidly growing and evolving field. The ideal
candidate will have significant expertise building highly engaged,
high performing teams and driving business results.
- Provides scientific leadership by challenging the status quo,
connecting across boundaries, and driving technical innovation to
execute the business strategy
- Maintains personal and group awareness of competitive and
technological state of the art
- Evaluates both internal development and external partnership
options for strategic, timing, capacity and capability. Works with
BU leader to select most appropriate strategies
- Coordinates and creatively challenges efforts to efficiently
develop complementary product solutions that exceed the
expectations of our customers
- Effectively engages with customers to understand user
requirements, needs, current pain points and
- Drives alignment with groups across the company and joint
venture partners to define C> customer workflow requirements
and implement tailored development programs
- Critically evaluates new product ideas generated from
discussions with sales, business development, customers, internal
scientists, and product management to maintain relevant and
- Collaborates and works cross-functionally with leaders in
operations and QC/QA to transfer robust, high quality product
manufacturing and quality processes, also engages in process
- Provides engaging leadership to the teams responsible for
developing media, cell activation, cell selection, extracellular
matrices, and genome engineering solutions
- Directly manages the C> R&D leaders by modeling
alignment to corporate values, providing direction and feedback,
cultivating scientific talent, setting performance goals,
monitoring job performance
- Represents Bio-Techne and serves as technical expert with
internal and external stakeholders, customers
- Demonstrated track record of technical leadership as evidenced
by pipeline contributions executed to scope, budget, timeline, and
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Expertise and experience in the Cell and Gene Therapy
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience
- Based in Minneapolis, ability to travel up to 20% at times
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Identifies and invites stakeholders to join
project/process.Seeks to surface the best ideas and arrive at a
path forward through dialog, exploratory questions, and
collaboration with others.
- Ability to bring multiple stakeholders to a common
understanding and agreement on a best path forward.
- Skills in problem solving and critical thinking, including the
ability to identify and appropriately evaluate an alternative
course of action.
- Ability to make effective decisions and execute an appropriate
course of action considering all relevant variables.
- Skills in planning, prioritization, organization, time
management and multi-tasking.
- Successful candidates will be independent, creative, and
- Product development expertise within ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
quality management systems
Why Join Bio-Techne:
- We offer competitive salaries along with extensive medical,
vision, and dental plans for you and your family starting on day
- We invest in our employees' financial futures through 401k
matching and an employee stock purchase plan.
- We help our employees develop their careers through mentorship,
promotional opportunities, training and development, internship
programs, and more.
- We offer employee resource groups, volunteer paid time off,
employee events, and charity drives to build a culture of caring
- We foster a culture of empowerment and innovation, where
employees feel valued and encouraged to bring their new ideas to
Where permitted by applicable law, candidate must have received or
be willing to receive an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine by date of
hire to be considered for this position.
Bio-Techne is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Keywords: BIO-TECHNE, Minneapolis , Director of Product Development (Cell & Gene Therapy), Healthcare , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!