Field Clinical Specialist: Minneapolis, MN (52063)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Field Clinical Specialist: Minneapolis, MN
As one of the world's leading manufacturers of cardio- and
endovascular medical devices, BIOTRONIK is headquartered in Berlin,
Germany, and represented in over 100 countries by its global
workforce. The work of our committed, highly specialized,
exceptionally skilled employees results in crucial advancements in
the world of cardiology and changes the lives of patients every
BIOTRONIK is looking to add to our Field Clinical Specialist team
in Minneapolis, MN. The Field Clinical Specialist (FCS) will
provide technical and clinical support for Biotronik within an
assigned territory. The FCS will be responsible for covering all
bradycardia and tachycardia product segments. The FCS
professionally represents Biotronik and provides education,
follow-up services, implant services, in service training, and
other related services as necessary to sales force, physicians and
other cardiac pacing-related professionals. The FCS will report to
the Regional Sales Director and take general instruction from local
sales representatives for day to day activities.
- Provide pacemaker & ICD follow-up to Biotronik patients and
- Provide pacemaker & ICD implant support within area of
- Provide in service training to physician, nursing and technical
- Train peers in cardiac pacing and Biotronik products
- Provide technical and administrative support when required for
clinical studies and scientific studies. This may include
collection of patient data, support clinical sites and/or patient
- Poses strong administrative skills to insure all necessary
paper work associated with implant or follow-up or associated with
data collection for clinical/scientific studies is correct.
- Maintain a competent and current level of knowledge in cardiac
pacing, defibrillators and electrophysiology in general.
- Maintain a comprehensive product and technical knowledge of all
BIOTRONIK bradycardia and tachycardia products.
- Competency in all aspects of ICD implant and follow-up. FCS
candidates that are not certified must demonstrate technical
proficiency and implant certification within six months of hire
- Maintain or obtain North AMERICAN Society of Pacing &
Electrophysiology (IBHRE) certification. FCS that are not certified
must become certified within two years of hire date.
- Maintain a comprehensive product and technical knowledge of
competitive products including features, functions and
- Assist the sales representative when working within a specific
- Provide on-call coverage 24 hours per day and up to 7 days per
week. Weekend call schedules shall rotate based on territory
schedule. Scheduling is the responsibility of the Director of
Sales. The FCS must carry a pager and be available at all times
when on call.
- Provide implant and follow-up coverage to Sales Representatives
when he/she is unavailable or in training.
- FCS may be required to travel and provide implant support
anywhere within the Area Sales Director's defined sales territory.
Cross-over coverage during emergencies may be necessary.
- Out of town travel is expected to be no more than 30%.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Nursing, Physiology,
Biology or Bio-Engineering. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in cardiac cath
lab, EP lab, or pacing business with specific emphasis on pacemaker
and ICD support.
- Pacemaker implantation and/or follow up experience.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all
levels of the Company.
- Provide 24-hour, 7 day a week on-call territory coverage
(including holidays, weekends, evenings)
- Available/willing to work/travel weekends and evenings
- Ability to travel outside of assigned territory with ease, as
- Continuous verbal and written communication
- Must be able to drive approximately 80% of the time within
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance
Physical Job Requirements
- The physical demands described within this section are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent 2-handed lifting of up to 40 lbs. from floor to
chair/table and from one to another surface at approximately the
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per
- Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious
disease and radiation.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, PC, keyboard and
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance.
Are you interested? Please apply online through our application
management system! We are looking forward to welcoming you.
Location: Minneapolis, MN - Working hours: Full-time - BIOTRONIK
Inc. - USA
Apply now under: www.biotronik.com/careers
Job ID: 52063 - BIOTRONIK Inc. - USA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
Keywords: Biotronik, Minneapolis , Field Clinical Specialist: Minneapolis, MN (52063), Healthcare , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!