Registered Dietitian 2
Company: Cura Hospitality
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Summary:Identify and assess the nutritional needs of
assigned patients/residents, initiate interventions to achieve
and/or maintain individuals nutritional status, and enhance quality
of life consistent with patient's/resident's goals. Will provide
nutritional expertise to the health care team and educate
patients/residents, staff or consultants. Will follow the Academy
of Nutrition and Dietetics standards of practice and facility
regulatory requirements. Key Accountabilities:
- Interacts with other departments in setting up procedures,
polices and problem solving as they relate to the patient/resident
dining service and nutrition.
- Works with nursing and dining staff to promote optimal
patients/resident care and makes regular rounds to all care
- Actively participates in the development, review and revision
of the continuous quality improvement programs.
- Is involved in developing, planning and presenting nutrition
and food service related training sessions to nursing and dining
- Participates in facility menu planning for regular and
therapeutic diets in conjunction with the Dining Services
- Reviews and approves cycle menus, responds to requests for
changes from the resident food committee with menu revision and
- Responsible for updating resident/patient diet, weights, food
preferences and other patient data in the computerized tray card
- Conducts regular and ongoing meal rounds, dining room
assessments and test tray audits.
- Monitors and evaluates resident/patient satisfaction with food
selection, preparation and service along with the Dining Services
- Attends professional meetings and conferences to keep current
with trends related to nutrition and food service.
- Attends facility assigned meetings, such as quality assurance
or safety council, as assigned by the Dining Services Director,
District Manager of Field Support Dietitian.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Dining Services Director
to keep informed of current food service operations and concerns.
May need to assist with daily operations as request by Dining
- Updates and maintains facility specific nutritional care
policies and procedures.
- Inspires confidence with patients, visitors and other staff
members by communication in a highly professional manner.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency of diet orders, nourishments
and supplements in the computerized nutritional software.
- Assists in other areas of Dining Services as necessary.
- Liaison with the Field Support Dietitian in development of
facility standards and practice.Minimum Requirements:
- Completed a Bachelor's degree at a US regionally accredited
university or college by the Accreditation Council for Education in
Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on
Dietetic Registration (CDR) or meets the Academy of Nutrition and
Dietetics requirements for eligibility.
- Completes 75 hours of continuing education hours every five
years in accordance with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
utilizing the professional portfolio development process.
- Licensed or certified per state requirements.
- Certification in approved sanitation course such as Serve Safe
per company standards or state requirements.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission/ Critical Access/OBRA/other
regulation specific to comprehensive assessments, care planning and
- Knowledgeable in assessing neonatal, pediatric, adolescent,
adult, geriatric and pregnant/lactating residents/patients.
- Knowledgeable on the current medical nutritional therapy
related to: diabetes, GI disorders, hypertension, renal disease,
hepatic disease, nutrition support, cardiovascular disease,
cerebral vascular disease and oncology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups
with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and
skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and
organizational skills required.
- Ability to work with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations with
residents/patients and staff with tact and empathy.
- Practice patient confidentiality, effective interpersonal
skills, good judgment, ability to listen with empathy and set
- Ability to read, speaks, write and understand English.
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate on the telephone and
to hard of hearing residents/patients.Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds.
- Must be able to perform respective tasks.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days including
- May be exposed to hot, humid work areas.
- May be exposed to sharp instruments and power driven
- May be exposed to caustic chemicals.
- Must be able to sit for duration of conferences.
- Must be able to endure repetitive periods of writing and/or
typing at a computer terminal.
- May be exposed to blood, bodily fluids or tissues.
- Work in a stressful environment managing residents and their
families. About Elior North America Elior North America enhances
people's lives through culinary innovation and a commitment to
providing exemplary service. Our family of companies, with more
than 17,000 employees, provides food services and catering to over
1,500 client accounts in five industry segments across the
continental United States. We are proud to be the fifth largest
culinary management company in the country and excited to be the
fastest growing organization in the industry.We focus on three
ingredients for success to differentiate Elior from our competitors
and position our company as a disruptor in the markets we serve. To
support our ingredients for success and drive our mission and
values, we need talented team members throughout our family of
companies.Click here to view a video about Elior North America
Elior North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Required
Keywords: Cura Hospitality, Minneapolis , Registered Dietitian 2, Healthcare , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!