Medical Assistant / Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Allina Health System
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Department: 31609910 Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Associates
Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Profile Summary: **$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE** The Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA) - Clinic provides
support to providers in the delivery of timely, quality patient
health care services in a clinic environment. The clinical service
functions include initial data collection, assisting providers with
rooming, check in and scheduling of appointments. The LPN or MA
also assists patients with prescription management, patient
registration, answering patient concerns and maintaining outpatient
medical records. May work in a team supporting multiple providers.
Individuals in this role will work in an outpatient clinic
- Provides patient care support and assist providers as
instructed by the physician, provider or RN.
- Administers therapies including medications, calling in
provider authorized prescriptions, scheduling follow up visits (and
prior authorization) or other support unique to a specialty
- Provides patient care pre/post encounter or procedure,
preventative or other health information per provider or RN.
- Collaborates with Provider and team on improving and managing
- May start, monitor and discontinue IVs (dependent on site needs
- Rooms patients, manages patient flow and obtains adequate
patient medical information/data.
- Performs rooming and accurately measures patients' vital signs
and other measurement/indicators as necessary and records in
- Coordinates communication of medical information and confirms
information with patient when necessary and document per
- Assists patients, as necessary, to prepare for physician exam,
including providing psycho-emotional support.
- Assists in the collection, labeling and processing specimens
- Transfers and assists with patient positioning when necessary.
Assists physician with procedures including preparation of
medication as required/needed.
- Organizes patient flow so physician can move efficiently from
one room to the next.
- Provides outbound calls to patients to follow up as directed
which may include notifying patients of test results.
- Accurately and completely charts information in the patient
- May checkout and schedule follow up visits with provider or
appropriate staff before patient leaves.
- Receive or initiate patient phone calls.
- Answers phones cordially and professionally in a timely
- May confirm or reiterate patient symptom using patient's own
- Arrange for appropriate appointment or forward to RN or
provider for review/recommendation.
- Documents all encounters and patient interactions accurately
and completely in the electronic medical record.
- Retrieves voicemail messages and returns patient call with
- Processes physician orders.
- Performs any clinical functions within scope of license as
ordered by physician.
- Responds promptly to patient needs and requests.
- Reviews patient charts before the visit to ensure that test
results, therapy reports etc. are available.
- Provides appropriate instructions to patient as directed by
- Cleans, prepares, organizes and re-stocks exam rooms.
- Cleans and ensures the proper maintenance occurs for all exam
rooms and sterilize instruments as trained.
- Ensures that required teaching supplies are restocked and
- Stocks and supplies exam rooms according to standards and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a Board of Nursing
approved LPN program required
- Two years clinic LPN experience preferred and
- Licensed Practical Nurse MN BON or Licensed Practical Nurse
Wisconsin, if working in Wisconsin or interacting with Wisconsin
patients by phone
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Allina Health required Allina
Health, American Heart Association or American Red Cross within 30
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs.
Additional Job Description:**$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS
ELIGIBLE**BENEFITS ELIGIBLE!Will consider a Medical Assistant (MA),
if meets the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed
to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job
description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Less than 2 Years of Medical Assistant experience required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required
Certified by the American Heart Association or Allina BLS within 30
- Certified Medical Assistant - CMA - American Association of
Medical Assistants preferred applicants with less than six (6)
months of Medical Assistant experience must have graduated from an
accredited school with a clinical externship
- Medical Terminology preferred
Keywords: Allina Health System, Minneapolis , Medical Assistant / Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!