Location: Saint Peter
Posted on: June 26, 2022
This role is responsible for the efficient, ethical and lawful
compounding and dispensing of prescription pharmaceuticals. Advises
customers on the use and storage of prescription and non
prescription drugs. Orders and maintains supply of pharmaceutical
stock. Oversee pharmacy technicians as needed. Here's what you'll
- Receive prescription and refill requests from customers and/or
clinics and fill prescriptions requests efficiently and accurately
and in a professional and courteous manner.
- Dispense medications as prescribed; oversee and ensure accurate
retrieving, counting, pouring, weighing, mixing, packaging and/or
labeling of products.
- Provide medication counsel and advise customers on both
prescription and over-the-counter medications regarding use,
dosage, drug interactions/side effects, storage, etc.
- Responsible to order, stock, check inventory, and perform cycle
counts in the pharmacy, for both prescription and over-the-counter
items and maintain familiarity of department products.
- Review and validate received orders for amount, quality, count
or weight, condition and ensure all products are stored in
- Ensure all out dated/damaged products are handled per
- Maintain Pharmacy records to include, but not limited to,
customer profiles, insurance forms, pharmacy record/POS systems,
inventories, control records and registries (i.e., poisons,
narcotics, controlled substances, etc.)
- Lead and/or oversee pharmacy technicians and/or pharmacy
interns as needed to ensure efficient and accurate service is
- Communicate with the Pharmacy Manager about any potential
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked department; ensure the
department complies with Company standards.
- Maintain and implement pharmacy programs (i.e. security
measures, immunizations and other clinical programs)
- May be responsible to provide clinical care services as
- Maintain current knowledge of legal regulations, industry
trends and best Pharmacy practices; make recommendations to improve
current programs and processes and to ensure company legal
compliance/ Comply with all applicable federal and state
- Understand and communicate Company service and loyalty programs
and model high standards of service to achieve a customer oriented
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed. Here's
what you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) in Pharmacy or related field
required. Doctorate degree in Pharmacy preferred.
- Three years experience in pharmaceutical department.
- Pharmacy License (in good standing) required in the state of
- Immunization Certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, pharmacy
laws, rules, and guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong customer
service skills, Strong multi-tasking, organization, attention to
detail and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership abilities with capability to work in a hands-on
- Successfully completes required continuing education hours and
maintains Pharmacy License in good standing.
- Working knowledge of perpetual inventory procedures.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Bilingual skills helpful based on demographic region.
Keywords: SpartanNash, Minneapolis , Pharmacist, Healthcare , Saint Peter, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!