Medical Assistant / LPN (Northfield, MN)
Company: Allina Health System
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Department: 62019900 Allina Health Group NorthfieldShift:
Day/Evening (United States of America)Hours: 32Contract:Weekend
Rotation:Job Profile Summary: The Medical Assistant provides
support to providers and the nursing staff in the delivery of
timely, quality patient health care services. Some duties include
assisting with rooming patients, managing patient flow and
obtaining adequate patient medical information/data.Job
- Provide patient care support and assist providers as instructed
by the Physician, Provider or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Reports any acute problems and changes in patient's
- Provides information to patients regarding test/procedure
preparation, over-the-counter medication administration and
treatment with provider.
- Provide patient preventative or other heath information per
provider or RN
- Coordinate results of tests, procedures ect. with
- Assists with scheduling appointments for patients.
- Prepare refill information for provider to review.
- Facilitate obtaining lab/imaging results and notify provider of
- Works with the electronic medical records in basket, responding
to messages and results for provider.
- May need to perform injections using proper techniques.
- May need to help cover front desk and provide backup to patient
- May assist with patient transportation.
- Room patients, manage patient flow and obtain adequate patient
- Perform rooming and vital signs according to standards.
- Assist with the collection, labeling, and processing of
- Confirm information with patient when necessary and document
- Keep patient informed of provider schedule and notify provider
when patient is ready.
- Clean, re-stock and maintain inventory for exam rooms and
inventory for supply room.
- Ensure that supplies are ordered, stocked and inventory is
- Order medical supplies and nutritional supplies.
- Sterilize and ensure the proper maintenance occurs for all exam
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients,
visitors and employees.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer
directions or standards.
- Follows all policies and procedures when administering
- Other duties as assigned.Job Requirements
- High School or GED required
- Less than 2 Years of Medical Assistant experience required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required
Certified by the American Heart Association or Allina BLS within 30
- Certified Medical Assistant - CMA - American Association of
Medical Assistants preferred applicants with less than six (6)
months of Medical Assistant experience must have graduated from an
accredited school with a clinical externship
- Medical Terminology preferredLeadership Capabilities
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an
organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make
good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose
to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing
development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to
be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results,
and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and
- Succeed Together:Connect with others authentically. Recognize
the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view.
Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my
- I respect others' opinions, praise good work and encourage all
team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial
- Analytical Thinking: Practices investigative techniques to
determine the best approach.
- Communication Skills: Communicates using persuasion and
- Problem Solving: Arrives at a conclusion based on previous
experiences and good judgment.Physical DemandsMedium Work*:Lifting
weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving
Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequentlyAdditional Job Description:Will
consider an LPN if meets the following requirements:
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a Board of Nursing
approved LPN program required
- Two years clinic LPN experience preferred and
- LPNMNBN required and
- LPNWI required if working in Wisconsin or interacting with
Wisconsin patients by phone and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Allina Health required within
30 Days or
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon
- Clinic is open Monday thru Friday 7:00am-6:00pmSIGN ON
Keywords: Allina Health System, Minneapolis , Medical Assistant / LPN (Northfield, MN), Healthcare , Northfield, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!