Pharmacy Systems Sales Specialist
Company: B. Braun Medical Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Pharmacy Systems Sales SpecialistUS-MN-MinneapolisJob ID:
2020-17252Type: Remote# of Openings: 1Category: SalesRemote
U.S.OverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in
infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and
markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare
industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy
admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The
company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors
and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun
Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B.
Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun
Interventional Systems, Aesculap and CAPS. Globally, the B. Braun
Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64
countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise philosophy, B. Braun
continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and
clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and
lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit
www.BBraunUSA.com. ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: The Pharmacy
Systems Specialist is responsible for all sales activities within
their respective territory, with focus on CAPS 503A & 503B
business, B.Braun Sterile Generic Drug Injectables, Compounding
Systems including Pinnacle/ APEX compounders & disposables, and
BBraun Parenteral Nutrition Solutions. Responsibilities: Essential
- Maintains and grows CAPS 503A sales and directs the selling
efforts and provides account management for existing CAPS locations
in assigned territory. Develops expansion market opportunities
through direct involvement in presentations and consultative sales
efforts with customers and B.Braun sales teams.
- Maintains and grows 503B product sales.
- Collaborate and interface with CAPS operations to plan and
implement new business opportunities, 503A & 503B.
- Sell B. Braun generic injectable medications into the US market
and increase B. Braun's market share
- Protect & expand B.Braun Parenteral Nutrition Portfolio, place
Pinnacle/ APEX Compounding systems and respective compounding
disposables into U.S Hospitals.
- Maintain relationships with internal B.Braun and CAPS
departments, i.e., Enterprise, Marketing, Technical Services,
Customer Service, CAPS Operations, QA, IT, HR and Finance.
- Build relationships with key contacts in the hospital/IDN to
include Pharmacy, Dietitians, Nursing, Physicians, Administrators
and Supply Chain Executives, etc. to leverage selling
- Maintain & build a pipeline to achieve 100% of sales
- Contract management and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of GPOs, IDNs, and Distributors.
- Compare competitive proposals, offer consultative solutions,
and develop contracts for customers.
- Serve as a clinical resource to customers and peers.
- Communicate comprehensive and efficient hospital reports to
management as directed.
- Maintain weekly expense reports.
- Maintain accurate customer records and follow up, along with
customer contact information electronically in Saleforce.com or
other applicable B.Braun/ CAPS database programs.
- Respond in a timely manner to all communications; written,
voice-mail and e-mail.
- Travel to all areas in sales territory inclusive of required
meetings, conventions and training classes.=
- Maintains and grows sales of CAPS services and B. Braun
Nutrition products (CAPS, base and specialty nutrition, Pinnacle,
TPN Compounding disposables, and Pinnacle TPN Manager) by
interacting with established customers and developing new
- Directs the selling efforts and account management for existing
CAPS locations in assigned territory.
- Motivates and coaches selling efforts of B. Braun sales
representatives as it relates to positioning CAPS
- and B. Braun Nutrition.
- Develops expansion market opportunities through direct
involvement in presentations and consultative sales efforts with
customers and BBraun sales teams. General: It shall be the duty of
every employee while at work to take a reasonable care for safety
and health of himself/herself and other persons. Expertise:
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of B.Braun and CAPS' IV products and
- Understands competitors' products and services.
- Strong understanding of hospital structure and role of
personnel, knowledge of the healthcare market place/trends.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both in person
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills / ability to collect and analyze
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many
facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in
a team environment. May periodically assist in orienting, training,
and/or reviewing the work of other peers.
- Professional image.
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of other
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
contractors/vendors.Strongly Preferred: Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Three or more years of successful sales or marketing experience
in a hospital environment.
- Good computer aptitude-(i.e. Salesforce.com, Outlook, Microsoft
- Requires previous sales experience in Health Care, Hospital and
Outpatient markets with emphasis in Pharmacy, Intravenous Sterile
Injectables, Parenteral Nutrition and/or Sterile Compounding
- Frequent overnight business travel (domestic).
- Valid driver's licenseQualificationsExpertise: Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 0-02 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Frequent business travel required, Valid driver's license and
passport While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. B.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com. Through its "Sharing Expertise" initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy,
genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc., Minneapolis , Pharmacy Systems Sales Specialist, Healthcare , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!