Company: Elior North America
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Elior North America is seeking a Safety Manager to support
continuous improvement to further improve safety standards within
all areas of the business creating and driving a positive safety
culture promoting Elior as a safe business within in the industry.
The selected candidate can sit in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Chicago or
Overall Purpose of Job:
Developing and executing Safety policies and procedures in the
workplace in line with industry best practice, current regulatory
requirements and as directed by the Safety Leader.
Preparing and enforcing company policies to establish a positive
safety culture. Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to
assess risk and adherence to the relevant industry best practice,
regulations and position requirement. Key Accountabilities:
- Prepare and enforce company policies to establish a positive
- Learn, understand and implement food safety and workplace
- Maximize the use of available resources available from our
insurance providers and partners
- Develop and execute safety processes, procedures and plans in
the workplace according to current industry best practice,
regulation and to the satisfaction of the Elior Safety Leader.
- Conduct relevant safety training and presentations for positive
safety culture matters.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover root causes and
support Elior Claims Advisor.
- Investigate and coordinate appropriate responses to OSHA and
food safety investigations and citations.
- Develop and recommend appropriate solutions to the business to
improve opportunities or new safety prevention measures.
- Support in the delivery of and report on safety awareness, near
misses, safety issues and related metrics and statistics
- Attend client and operational meetings as and when required to
support the effective implementation of work-based safety
- Work collaboratively with various support functions to ensure
effective safety compliance.
- Work collaboratively with purchasing team towards identifying
suppliers of safety equipment to meet the safety requirements of
- To contribute and attend sales meetings when required.
- To attend operational meetings and facilitate outcomes on
behalf of Safety and Compliance.
- To work with audit outsourced partner, to ensure effective site
visits and reporting in terms of site surveys, risk assessments and
- To contribute and shape the annual Safety strategy, providing
clear direction for the team.
- Support the Elior Safety Leader and contribute to management
reports as required.
- To maintain working relationships with Operations Leaders,
attending meetings as required.
- To work effectively and efficiently to ensure consistency in
safety performance within the Safety team as well as other internal
- To attend team conference calls, meetings and events.
Measures of Success:--- Hold regular conference calls with
Operation Directors and their direct reports to establish business
critical risks & coach / mentor through ongoing safety matters.---
Coordinate and Deliver Safety training to the business as agreed in
line with departmental training schedule.--- Coordinate Food and
Workplace Safety working committees across segments--- Provide
bespoke training courses as needed by the business--- Deliver
assigned projects within agreed timeframes, providing regular
updates on progress and highlighting any challenges to the Head of
Safety.--- Attend Team meetings to discuss client group needs, work
in partnership to establish mutual objectives / activity & promote
existing initiatives--- Proactively coordinate with operational
teams to support, where required, anticipate incoming needs.---
Complete day to day duties and project work within set budgets and
timelines.--- Prioritize work load based on business needs and the
potential hazards exposed to colleagues and risk to the
What good looks like:--- Help ensure Safety is seen as a trusted
support service by client groups & key stakeholders--- Effectively
influences operational buy-in, drives safety improvement & works
collaboratively with others to deliver positive results.--- Builds
credibility by demonstrating sound knowledge of regulations as well
as that of the business and its intricacies.--- An effective
communicator recognizing and supporting the needs of the
organization.--- Fully integrated into the client operational
teams, aware of current food and safety requirements, focus areas,
challenges & proactively contributes to finding innovative
solutions.--- Ensures all initiatives are well communicated,
embedded & measured to track success. --- Continuously looks for
ways to improve, problem-solve & provide bespoke solutions to
ensure client groups are well placed to achieve overall Safety
planned & wider business objectives.--- Actively engaged with the
wider Safety team by sharing best practice, feedback and ideas. ---
Passionate about the role and approach all tasks with enthusiasm,
dedication, professionalism & care.--- Focuses on delivering
business outcomes through making best use of the whole Safety
function.--- Confidence to have a strong point of view and express
it even if it proves unpopular.--- Self-belief in their personal
ability to make a difference to the business.--- Ensures Safety
procedures are applied in a fair, consistent and reasonable yet
commercial manner in line with agreed company policies and
guidelines. Offering practical solutions to the business.---
Demonstrates attention to detail, ensuring all forms of
communication are accurate, appropriate & engaging.
Keywords: Elior North America, Minneapolis , Safety Manager, Executive , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!