Account Manager - Commercial/Industrial
Company: Republic Services
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: October 13, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The Account Manager is responsible for
proactively maintaining and retaining relationships with existing
customers for permanent commercial and industrial waste services in
an assigned territory.
- Effectively maintains and retains existing customers by
building effective long-term relationships and customer
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company?s
available services, lines of business, pricing structures, and
offers additional services as appropriate to assigned existing
- Schedules and completes proactive customer calls and visits and
captures key information in the Company?s information systems.
- Performs contractual re-signs on existing customers to extend
customer relationship and increase customer profitability where
- Responds to all cancellation requests in alignment with the
established escalation policy.
- Proactively communicates with or responds to customers in
support of Company pricing initiatives.
- Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly customer
retention and relationship activities, progress versus goals and
status of key customer relationships.
- Partners with the operations team, when needed, to address
customer services issues.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through
participation in Company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber
of commerce events and other similar activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays
a high level of self-esteem.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient manner.
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate
to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully
state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills;
adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they
arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride
in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals;
is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion
skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help
- Bachelor?s Degree.
- One year experience in a customer-facing role that includes
identifying and addressing customer needs.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver?s license.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Minneapolis , Account Manager - Commercial/Industrial, Executive , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!