Director of Sales Operations
Posted on: October 13, 2019
SageGlass is all about its people, its products and its company
culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable,
reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product
for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for
their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass
solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc.
as one of the top ten green building products available on the
The Director Sales Operations (DSO) manages the Inside Sales Team
and the Sales Operations Team and is responsible for the support
functions essential to sales force productivity. These include
planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process
(lead to cash) optimization, sales analytics, sales job design,
sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation
design and administration, and recruiting and selection of Inside
Sales force and Operations talent. Key functions are lead
generation, generating quotes and business analysis of the sales
function within SageGlass.
The DSO is a key leadership role whose work of overall productivity
and effectiveness of the sales organization has enormous influence
on business decisions. Reporting to the Vice President Sales, the
DSO also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to
ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within
the sales organization supported. Essential
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting
processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors
and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and
process consistency in the sales organization's planning efforts.
As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and
stakeholders within the firm.
- Leads the Inside Sales team to produce high quality actionable
qualified leads for the field sales force.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process
improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales
process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and
inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales
reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization.
Recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the
development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales
teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization's compliance with
required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with
sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm's
- Working with Sales, Manufacturing and Accounting, establishes a
periodic S&OP process to ensure accurate forecast of incoming
orders, shipping and revenue recognition
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and
sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and
ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned
in a timely fashion.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and
administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides
assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an
as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the
application of sales compensation program policies and
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships
with other key management personnel
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Achievement of lead generation targets and quotas.
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the
business unit supported.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales
organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology,
support, and training resources impacting the sales
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for
sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company
- Reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Will directly manage Inside Sales Managers as well as Sales
Operations made up of Administrative Specialists, Sales Operations
Coordinators, or Analysts.
- Directs the support of sales specialists, implementation
resources, service resources, and other sales and management
resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders,
sales management, and sales and support personnel
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
- 7-10 years sales operations management or sales management
experience in a business-to- business sales environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in business analytics for Sales.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous
initiatives, sales team and coordinating with field Territory
- PC proficiency, Salesforce.com, Excel, Powerpoint
- This position requires occasional travel.
- All prospective team members must pass a background check
- This position is based in Faribault Minnesota.
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an
amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and
outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can
- Strong compensation plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401K & Pension
- Paid Parental Leave
Who are we ?
SageGlass-- is the pioneer of the world's smartest electrochromic
glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by
connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically
tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor
views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating
without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically
reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91
percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of
Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of
building science expertise that only the world leader in
sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with
disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Keywords: SageGlass, Minneapolis , Director of Sales Operations, Executive , Faribault, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!